Saturday, December 1, 2012

Christmas is in the House!

I did most of the decorating before Thanksgiving, just so I wouldn't have so much to do when I got home. I finished it up this week. Butch went today and got the live tree for the family room. He's put the lights on it. We'll decorate it tomorrow after the Titan's game.
 I got a new tree skirt this year for the artificial flocked tree in the living room.
 Along with the new tree skirt, I had to have the mantle scarf to match. Notice my new little elves?
I got all of the new stuff from the Grandinroad catalog--online, of course. After years of all different colors in my decorating, it's been fun to go back to just plain, old, traditional green and red.
This year, I left some of my regular decorations and decorated around them. This little elf sitting on a pile of books on the vintage scale looks right at home.

 One of my favorite things to decorate is the table in the entry. That's really the only spot that gets decorated for every season. As you can see, I ALWAYS use books. A great way to get different levels and add interest.
 For at least 10 years now, my theme has been "it's TIME for Christmas." I'm sure it will always be that theme as I really like all of my clock elves.
 Live greenery from our trees outside makes for quick and easy decor. Magnolia leaves are so easy to work with. They are big and glossy. Of course, they dry out really quickly, but hold their shape. They get really brittle and could be a fire hazard, but I'm careful to not have candles too close to them.






 Last year was the first year that I used a vintage tablecloth in my decorating. This is a "new" old one for this year. The red cherries are perfect. I haven't put flowers in the old milk bottles yet---I want to wait until a little closer to Christmas. I'll get them sometime this week. I prefer all white flowers---usually white mums. I might add some red ones this year, but I don't like red carnations. If I can find another red flower that will last, I'll try it. For the greenery, I'll just gather some more from outside. The foster hollies are the best with their red berries.
This is my latest needlepoint pillow. I've packed it up and sent it off to someone special!! Now if it doesn't come to you, don't think you aren't special to me. You are, but I just have one pillow!!

Share your decorating pictures with me. If you email them to me and give me permission, I'll feature them here on my blog!! Can't wait to see what you do!!

1 comment:

  1. Pretty! I like the clocks - time for Christmas is something I've been thinking of this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.