Saturday, November 3, 2012

Daylight Saving's Time

I just love Daylight Saving Time. Most people don't like when it gets dark so early, but I do. I like to feel all cozy in my house with a fire blazing and candles lit.

I especially like the weekend that it happens. We go to Church on Saturday night, so when we gain that hour, we have an extra long Sunday morning. When we left Church, it started pouring down rain. When we got home, Butch backed in to the driveway. He did that so I'd be closer to the garage and he'd be the one to get soaked. That was so sweet! He has his moments.

We're watching the end of the tied Notre Dame game. Morgan and Carson are coming over to watch the Alabama/LSU game with us. I've made "football food"---dip, toasted ravioli, snack mix and (a bit later during half time) hot cookies and milk. I can't imagine EVER hanging out with my grandparents with my boyfriend as a teenager. It thrills me that they want to be here. And really, it's not the food. They don't even know I'm making anything.
Also, a little side note---Morgan was asked to join the Mu Alpha Theta Honor Society---can you guess what it's for? I didn't get it---it's MATH (an acronym). She's one smart cookie. She's one of only 88,000 students nation-wide.

Jordan has been accepted to the University of Tennessee. It's early yet, so she's not sure if this is the definite place she wants to go. She's going to look at a couple of other colleges before deciding, but it's nice to know so early that she's been accepted.
 I was so excited to get my new iPhone this week. Immediately after picking it up from Sprint, I went across the street to the Apple store for a one-on-one hour long lesson. I still have a lot to learn. Luckily, I've been a 20 year Mac user, so I have a basic knowledge of all things Apple. Right off, these are way too many icons on my home screen. I like a clean screen. Now it looks like this:
Morgan and Mindy messed with my new phone and put this photo on my home screen. Notice how few icons I have there? I only want what I use regularly---like Words with Friends and my Starbucks app. Actually, those are the only two apps I have. I want to get some more but don't really know how yet. Morgan showed me how to take a screen shot, so that's how I got this photo. The only problem is it didn't get the whole phone. Sometimes technology confuses me.
 I wanted white. Then I needed to get a case. The gal tried to sell me a black one. If I wanted a black phone, I would have bought one. The only other choices were purple (which I don't like) and an ugly hot pink. Pink is my favorite color, but what they had was an awful thing to do to pink. I almost purchased another white case, but it would have covered my little apple. I wasn't happy about it, but if I wanted my phone to still be white, that seemed my only choice. As the clerk was making the transaction, I noticed across the store, these white cases hanging on a display. I went over and got one and asked if it would work. She said, "oh, I forgot about those." Duhhh. I have learned to do FaceTime. I called Butch from the living room (he was in the kitchen.) It was his first time.
I probably went through 6 cartons of eggs to find one that didn't have any broken ones. When I got home and put them in the egg container, I discovered this one broken on the bottom. I think they put a broken egg in to each carton on purpose. Otherwise, it seems to me that more eggs would be broken besides just one.
I'm totally a list person. This was my "to do" list for the weekend. I had everything but two things done by Friday afternoon. 

The Eads #1 girls in St. Louis are having a dip emergency. Chris sent me a check for $30 to stock them up. This is the best green onion dip and you can only get it at Krogers. It took me two trips to get this many packages. Not because they have a dip limit, but because I bought all they had. I was going to send them with Butch next weekend on his fishing trip with his brother, but that got cancelled. I need to mail them. I guess I better put it on my "to do" list!
 Janet and Jeanne introduced me to a new drink---a "dreamsicle"---on our "cousin's crop." It's made with whipped cream vodka and orange soda. They didn't tell me the proportions, but I think you can get by with filling the glass with the whipped cream vodka and adding a splash of the soda. Works for me!
And lastly, what is this and who eats it? I can safely say it won't be me.

2 comments:

  1. Your phone comments made me smile - I've just ordered mine last night although I've gone for a 4S not a 5 as they didn't update the camera.

    Spotted Dick is steamed sponge pudding with dried fruit - Wookie loves it with custard. Not sure about canned tho'.

    Oh and apps? I love Evernote for my notes and lists.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Technology confuses me all of the time! My iphone is now three years old and I probably should look at getting an upgrade, but it just feels like a lot of hassle..

    I'm with you on the darker evenings. I love to be able to close the curtains and feel cosy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.