Wednesday, October 10, 2012

St. Louis Weekend continued...

We met the Eads' girls for lunch and a little shopping on Saturday morning. Whenever we're together with them, it's just one laugh after another. We stopped at Three French Hens for a little home decor shopping. We didn't have as much time with them as we would have liked, but it was still a lot of fun.
 After leaving the Eads' girls, we met up with the Zimmermann's for a little "demolition ball." Basically, you have teams and bumper cars. You try to scoop up the wiffle ball and shoot it at your basket. It was so much fun. We had 20 people, so we had 4 teams of 5. Our team consisted of me, Jeanne, Janice, Joyce and Scott. We ended up being the over all champs---the sisters are unbeatable!
 After demolition ball, we went back to the hotel to rest up before the party. We weren't there 5 minutes before the girls decided to go out for Fritz's frozen custard. A trip to St. Louis would not be complete without frozen custard, toasted ravioli and St. Louis style pizza.
 The first time I met little Evie. She is so darn cute and the "spittin'" image of Jackie, but with more hair! Jackie was a little baldy for at least the first year.
 Mike is smitten with her. As soon as he walks in the room, he takes her from whoever. Mindy had just gotten her and was intercepted by him.
 Butch had to find a dollar store to buy some cheap athletic socks for Morgan. She found this hair-do on Pinterest and had to try it out. This bun is wound around a sock. I didn't see it happen, so I'm not really sure how she did it.
 Jordan, Stephanie and Morgan. Steph looks like one of the girls.
 Stephanie and Nicky. This was the first time we took Nicky to one of our family events. We had forewarned him that our large clan can be a bit overwhelming---especially since he's a little on the quiet side. He did just fine---except at the poker game with the Eads' boys on Friday night where he spilled his beer on the cards, ruining one deck. As Steph said---"party foul!"
 My baby sister, Joyce, Scott and Madison. Devon had to stay behind in South Bend for a softball game.
 Butch and I. I don't get that many pictures of the two of us. I wish I had taken more when we were younger and I looked cuter!
 Ronnie (on the left) is 94 years old. Her daughter, Sherrie (on the right) is 75. I was so happy to see these old back door neighbors. They knew us since we were little kids and come to most of our family gatherings. I was really surprised to see them as it's quite a long trip from where they live to the reception.
 Aunt Marie is my mom's sister and my god mother. I've always been close to her. Can you believe she's nearly 80!! YES, you read that right. She's always so stylish. I love that red leather jacket. And, I love her.
 My cousin, Mark with his wife, Mary. My Aunt Marie's only son. It was really good seeing them. It's been awhile.
 The three cousins. These girls were all born in the same year and grew up together. We have always taken a picture of the three of them. Jackie, Angie---the bride---and Mindy. The wedding actually took place last year. This was just the reception, hence the black dress.
 The table favors were these heart-shaped, church key bottle openers.
We got back to the hotel shortly after midnight. For the girls, the party continued with Imo's pizza in their room. One last treat before leaving!

One of these days, the whole family is going to go for more than just two days. Everyone is just so darn busy!! Still, I cherish these times to be with my family. There's nothing I love more than seeing the "kids" together (that includes the Eads' girls too. They hold a special place in my heart). And I love the chance to be with all of my brothers and sisters---7 of us. All of us together doesn't happen very often. We're all making more of an effort. Even if that means Matt holding me in a head lock while he preaches politics in my ear!! That's okay, I can handle him! Love you guys!!

2 comments:

  1. It's so important for the next generations to know where they come from and to meet up when it isn't a wedding or a funeral is also very important. I keep pushing my own cousins into reunions simply because my grandchildren don't know their relatives

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you and yours ever stop finding ways to have fun together? It's inspirational!

    ..and I think you are looking good - staying off the prednisone is paying dividends alright

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.