Thursday, October 25, 2012

It's all in the details...

There are so many little things that I love in Sandy's house. They are the kinds of things, that I would never have thought about.
 I think the gingerbread trim on the stair risers is so darn cute.
 Unfortunately, this window seat looks over the neighbors driveway and garage. Still, it's a bright and sunny spot.
 I don't think I've ever seen wainscoting on the upper hallway walls before. It's a nice touch to break up all that wall space.
 These tiny little ceramic tiles are all the rage these days. I like that some of them are clear. It's a cool look.
 And here is the restaurant size refrigerator. Each side is equal to a regular size refrigerator.
 Basically, it's a gigantic side-by-side. She doesn't have the freezer side filled yet. The refrigerator side allows them to keep ALL of their cases of drinks inside. The only drawback I see is that Sandy is going to have to allow an entire day to clean it out!!
 Even the mailboxes are cute.
And this is really cool. I've never seen this before. Basically, you sweep your crumbs up to it, flip the switch and it's a vacuum. It's part of the central vac system.

They have a million light switches and haven't even begun to figure them all out yet. Of course, it's only been three weeks. I think they've done a fabulous job getting so much done.

We're all going to Charlotte for Thanksgiving. It'll be wild and crazy, but so much fun. I can't wait! I'm sure this little vacuum "thingy" will get a lot of use then.


1 comment:

  1. Ooh, a central vac system - with all our stairs we wish we had had one fitted at the beginning

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.