Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween Treats!

We had 13 trick or treaters this year---one more than last year. My favorites were a tiny little boy and girl. He must have been about 2 and was in a giraffe costume. His sister was about 3 and had a Cinderella costume with tiny little plastic heels. They were at the door by themselves while the parents waited at the bottom of the stairs. I was a nervous wreck watching them walk back down the stairs. About half way, the parents came and scooped them up. So cute. And here are some of my personal favorite cuties!!
 That little turtle is Evie. She won't be moving slowly for much longer!


This little pumpkin/jack-o-lantern is Travis. In a way, he reminds me of Peter Pan!
 Trick or treating big kid style! Straight from Charlotte---peace loving Elizabeth and Grease loving Victoria!
 Dig those crazy glasses!!
 Actually, I believe Elizabeth is wearing the sheets and pillowcases off her bed!!! She's really in to tie-dyed peace signs!!

I love little kids in Halloween costumes. Funny, I hated Halloween when my girls were little. I wasn't one of those good creative costume types of mom. I made my girls do things like----wear a black trash bag with white gloves and be a California raisin---or put on one of their dad's suits and go as a businessman (we did pencil on a mustache)---or put on their dad's fishing vest, hat and carry a fishing pole---simple, yet effective. Finally my friends felt sorry for me. One year, Karolyn made convict costumes for Steph and her friends. Another, Nancy Anderson made a cowgirl costume for Mindy. That time, she made the costumes and I did the embellishing with glitter glue.

I was happy when Sandy and Stephanie were old enough to figure out their own costumes---and Mindy's! My favorite was when they dressed her up as a Smurf! I guess I actually started liking Halloween when I didn't have to deal with the costumes anymore. I actually dressed up to hand out candy for a few years. I haven't done that in quite awhile. It's hardly worth it for 13 trick-or-treaters!

Until next Halloween...

3 comments:

  1. We had three! that's three more than 2010 and any of the years before. Last year we had one and that was Miss Em - and she was one of them this year too. She loves it. I really dislike it. My children never dressed up or anything because we lived three miles from the village and a good half mile from the nearest neighbour. No street lights and no safe path to walk along. I am really a grinch in disguise

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had good fun with around about the same number of callers. It's entertaining seeing the same faces coming back year after year round here, a little bigger each time

    ReplyDelete
  3. We never get trick or treaters here - even when I decorated the patio and put up pumpkins... something about walking through a church gate and across the front to get to us I think. I'm hoping we do at the next place, I like seeing the costumes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.