Sunday, September 23, 2012

It's That Time of Year Again...

The leaves are changing, the weather is cooling and it's time to don my sweaters. It puts me in the mood for fires in the fireplace and a pot of soup or chili on the stove. I look forward to all of those things. But this time of year also means FOOTBALL---and you know how I feel about that!

I enjoy the tailgate parties, but I only do the game for love. It's just too long for me to sit and not be able to stitch, thumb through catalogs or play around on my computer. Last year, I managed to not go to a single game. Already this year, I've been to two. Between Mindy, Stephanie and Morgan, there is someone to use my ticket. Mindy was out-of-town this weekend and Steph had to work yesterday, so I knew she would not want to give up her Sunday. I was a sport. The problem is that I find myself rooting for the other team, because if we are being "creamed," we get to leave early. Actually, the same is true if the Titans are "creaming" someone else---but that rarely happens.

Today was a good game. We won, but we had to stay for the ENTIRE game. We got home about 3:30---we get to tailgating by 9:15 a.m., so you can see what I mean about the "whole" day. As soon as we got home, I took a nice "soak" in the tub. Now, I'm watching football the way I like it. In front of my own tv, with my catalogs, stitching and computer.

I think this is going to be a long season.

1 comment:

  1. That's how I like my sport too :)

    I'm delighted to know that my message got through. Good news!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.