Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A Few Things Before I Go

Heading out this afternoon for a long weekend of scrapbooking for the girls and golf for the guys. I won't have internet access out there, so it will be awhile before my next update.

A few things before I go:

The layouts are up at my AYM Blog: http://barbaraeadsaym.blogspot.com/
Jack and Connie have bought a condo on the ocean at Mexico Beach, FL (just outside of Panama City.) Jack has been a buying fool. He's going to win Costco's "highest buyer" award for this year. In the meantime, no house guests are welcome at their house here in Nashville.
You can barely walk through with all the stuff. The biggest problem is that Jack's not too worried about whether the bedding will actually fit the beds. "Can't you just tuck the excess under?" It was dangerous to send him back to Costco for the return. He's really stocking up---and he hash't even started on the paper goods yet! They are going to need a U-Haul to get it all down there---what a job---not to mention all those trips hauling it to the 3rd (or is it 4th) floor.
This really isn't a very good view of the 40, 50 or 60ft. tree we lost. At that size, it's too hard to tell how big it is. It's big. I hate losing any trees, much less the big ones. It's in the side yard---that I used to call my shade garden. There used to be full shade. Now there's sun there in places all day long. Technically, the tree belongs to the neighbor. He called to let us know he was taking care of it. I told him that I had already hired our arborist. He insisted on paying---by the law, we're responsible---even if it's his tree. We compromised and are splitting the cost. Unlike the neighbor on the other side---never thought I'd fight with my neighbors, but that's another story.

 
 I was upstairs and decided to take a few pictures from above. I'm calling them "a view from above."

Stepping stones leading to the "used to be" shade garden under the arbor.
 I bought this little brown sugar scoop at Dolly's Pancake Parlor in Vermont. I thought it was so cute---and I don't have a scoop for my brown sugar. Since I use it straight from the bag, this will force me to put it in a little bowl the 2 times a year we use if for other than baking.
I put the pen in the picture so you could see how cute and little it is. I haven't even used it once and I've already just about washed the maple leaf off. I didn't realize that it would wash off. Plus, I would never think of using something like this without washing it. Darn, the leaf was so cute.

Lastly, I know I said I'd never mention my hives here again---and I'm not. Seems I have something totally different now. I just thought my hives had evolved in to something else. I have a rash completely covering the mid-section of my torso. It itches maddeningly. I have a prescription that takes care of that, but guess what? That medication causes weight gain! Figures. At least I'm still off the prednisone---and for that I am truly grateful.

Have a great weekend y'all!
Later...

1 comment:

  1. You have a great time scrapping!

    sorry to hear about the tree - your garden is so lovely

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.