Wednesday, August 8, 2012

My Fitbit Turns out to be a Smart Aleck

Yesterday I get the message that I've climbed the world's tallest sand castle. I only did 2 flights of stairs on Tuesday. Today, I get the message that I climbed the world's tallest corn stalk! I had no idea that my new Fitbit could be such a smart aleck. Now I have to explain.
Do you know what this is? If you said vegetable scrubber, you would be wrong. It's my hive scratcher!

You know on Monday how I was so excited about my new Fitbit and the workout I got? Well, I must have overdone it. I got on the treadmill that morning, went to Curves, then went to Sam's, Lowes and Home Depot. I ended up logging more than 10,000 steps. I was really excited that I could really do this. But then, by bedtime, I was paying for it. It was like I had on "hive socks." From the ankle down, my feet were one solid hive. I could hardly sleep all night for the itching. I'm determined not to take the prednisone, so I just "offered it up." I ended up "sleeping in" to make up for the night. Butch went to the drugstore to get me some Benadryl for the itching. It helped some---not 100%, but enough to take away the misery. I didn't do much of anything yesterday which is why I got the sand castle message. I didn't do much today either. My hives have spread some---up my shins, my hand, up the side of my right thigh and my right ear is twice the size of the left. I don't know what I would do without my "hive scratcher." None of the allergy medicines are working---in fact, I've taken one of everything at the same time---Allegra, Claritin, and Zyrtec. I'm not happy with this turn of events.

The only good thing---if I look at it that way---I haven't gotten sick with the normal flu-like symptoms and fever that my hives usually descend to that puts me to bed for days. I'm really hoping that doesn't happen. So far, I've been able to carry on with my normal routine---with the exception of the exercise. I'm just trying to ride them out. I'm determined to stay off of the pred!n

So with that, I'll leave you with the new layouts on the AYM blog.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear this - and hoping I didn't bring it all on by cheering on the discontinuation of prednisone!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fitbit never tells me I've accomplished anything...even if it's just the world's tallest cornstalk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you think fitbit is causing the hives?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.