Sunday, July 8, 2012

Home Again and Cute Pictures

You know how it is on the day you are coming home from vacation. You just want to get home. Everyone is tired and airports, lugging your bags, security, customs and immigration is no fun. It all just takes long. Us Nashville folks had a long layover in Charlotte. That gave us time to get something to eat. Unfortunately for the Lapps' family, they had to rush to make their connecting flight to Detroit. They had a 2 hour drive from there.

When we finally got home at 9:45, there was a tree down in our driveway plus other large limbs around the yard. Butch couldn't find the house key right off and was a little aggravated. Mindy found it and saved the day---or I should say a window!

We unloaded and everyone went about their way. Butch and I were upset that his fish all looked like they were just about dead---some even floating on their sides. All he could figure was that the automatic feeder he bought didn't work properly and they were starving. He put some food in, but they seemed too weak to eat. He just figured they would die---and he has a beautiful bunch of fish. We were both bummed about it.

This morning, when I got up at 6:15, I checked on them right away and they had ALL perked up. Now it looks like they are going to make it. They seem perfectly fine. Crazy. Maybe they were too hot---I don't know. We have had those record breaking temperatures here. And we raised our thermostat while we were out of town.

By the time we left for church at 8:10, I had all the laundry done and we both were completely unpacked. I had gone through the mail too. When we got home from church, that gave me plenty of time to wade through emails, play Words with Friends, watch The Bachelorette (sorry Janet, you're "out" since Chris was eliminated) and read my book for book club---Maine---very good---about a dysfunctional family.

While I was catching up on emails, I got these darling pictures of my great niece from Jackie (I got permission to post them---thanks, Jackie):
 She's mad about something---you can definitely tell a mad face!
 Greg and Evie---she's still so tiny! The flower is bigger than her head. It looks like the outfit is cute too.
 There is nothing more satisfying or cuter than a sleeping baby! She looks so cute all curled up.
I'm noticing she really needs the headbands to keep her bangs out of her little eyes! How darn adorable is she? I'm sure Janet will be bringing pictures to show at our sister's weekend. I can't wait to see her in person when I go to St. Louis in August.

I have a cute picture of Travis to share too, but I'm just waiting for permission to post it. I got a reprimand from Mindy and Stephanie about posting photos without permission. Of course they want veto power for their own reasons.

That's it for now. I have a busy week, so I don't know when I'll be back.


1 comment:

  1. She's gorgeous!

    Yes, I know how it is. Though sounds like you blasted through your laundry. I'm starting to wonder what is taking me so long..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.