Sunday, June 10, 2012

Just Catching Up

It's been another busy week. I got home from Kalamazoo on Tuesday afternoon. Wednesday, I had one of my AYM classes at The Scrap Room. I came home to this:

 There were a total of 9 cars in the driveway! Stephanie, Nicky, Jordan, Morgan and Carson all left to go to Kalamazoo for a long weekend. They decided to meet here because our house is more centrally located and because I told Stephanie they could take my car because it's the biggest---as long as Nicky drives, that is. I have an unnatural fear of auto accidents and Steph has already rolled one car.

What I don't get is that the girls were coming from the same house and still had to each drive their car. Whatever.
 Make that 10 cars when Mindy is here. Before work and sometimes after.
This is what the counter looks like with all the assorted keys. Of course that doesn't count the keys in the drawer for the "collector" cars we have.

Since Steph took my car, I've been driving my Solstice (little red sports car). It is a lot of fun to drive, but completely impractical. When I go through drive-thrus, people have to hand stuff "down" to me: dry cleaning, prescriptions, money from the bank. And there's little room for groceries. I really have to plan out my route because with the top down, you can't just leave stuff in the car. Anyway, as much as I've complained that I hate my new car,  I have to say, I miss it. And even though I miss it, I can't wait to get rid of it. I'm getting a new Jeep in July---I hope.

It's been a pretty quiet week. I'm trying to get organized to go to the farm next week for 4 days of scrapbooking with my friends. I've planned the title page for our AYM album, put AYM kits together (since our meeting is on the Monday when I come back) and did all the regular household chores. Sandy emailed me to see if they could leave the kids with us next weekend. I'm excited about that, but that made me "get on the stick" and do the things now that I had planned for that weekend. It takes a lot of time and juggling for all of these classes. But I wouldn't do it if I didn't love it. I just want people to tell their stories. 

What story do you have that needs to be told?

PS No internet access at the farm. If you need me, you'll have to call. Even phone access is sketchy.
Later...

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's a lot of cars - and a big driveway!

    I always have a story or two on the boil..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.