Thursday, April 12, 2012

Things I Love Right Now

1. Sandy informed me of a new show---America's Best Dance Crew---on MTV. I didn't even know where to find MTV. I only know the main channels---ABC, NBC, CBS (and I've added FOX to that list) and the minor channels (History and Biography, sometimes Home and Garden). I know this makes me sound sort of old. Anyway, I did a search and found several reruns. The new show debuted last night at 9 p.m. One of the things I like about the show is that they pick one particular artist to showcase for each show. What I've seen so far is Rhianna, Justin Beiber and Nicki Minage (those were the re-runs). The new show last night featured Brittany Spears.

2. I don't usually watch commercials as I record everything so I can fast forward. There are 20 minutes worth of commercials in every one hour show. I'm all about saving time. You can watch 3-1 hour shows in 2 hours time. But in the morning, during Good Morning America, I catch a few commercials. Currently, I love the one where it shows a couple sitting on a front porch. Suddenly, a voice says, "Honey, the Coopers are sitting on our Summer Classic furniture again." At that, the couple jumps up and runs away. Clever and funny. Love that. Makes me want to go sit on our neighbors porch just to see what they would do. I really should try it.

3. I love that today is National Grilled Cheese day. I know they have crazy days for just about everything these days, but this is a good one. Who doesn't love grilled cheese? It's one of my favorite comfort foods. Mindy used to ask for them for breakfast when she was in high school. The little girls ask me to make my "gourmet" grilled cheese for them. The only thing I do to make them "gourmet" is to use any combination of cheese that I happen to have on hand! I made one for myself tonight! Of course, I have to have pickles on the side---and don't forget the chips. I can't have any sandwich without chips.

4. I especially love that I am officially off the prednisone right now. I'm determined to stay off. If that means I have to just be sick now and then, I'm going to do it. I have to admit, it's taken me nearly 2 weeks to recover from that last bout---it was 6 days long. Then I just felt tired and weak for the past 2 weeks. But today I feel great! I'm determined to ski again! I hate limitations. Ooops, this is supposed to be what I love!

5. I'm loving Words with Friends. I'm kicking some major b*** with just about everyone I'm playing.

6. I have a pretty relaxed weekend. I'm looking forward to that. But suddenly, I have all these ideas and it's starting to fill up. We'll kick it off with our first happy hour on the front porch tomorrow---if Butch gets the furniture cleaned. I really should book a hair appointment. And I'm feeling in the mood for a barbecue on Sunday. I love the possibilities.

That's about it for now.



1 comment:

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.