Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Happy Hour Gone Awry

Mindy arrived at 4:30 for our weekly happy hour (on Friday nights) and said Steph would be here shortly.
About 5 p.m., Butch got a call to which he started to rant and rave. Steph had run out of gas at the worst possible corner for rush hour traffic. Butch was saying, "I don't know how many times I've told you girls (now somehow, Mindy and I fall in to that category) to quit running your cars on empty!" He headed out the door. I said to Mindy, "If I were Stephanie, I don't think I would have called him." But who's she gonna' call?

Anyway, Mindy and I sat on the front porch swing for the next hour. When they got back, Butch went in the house while Stephanie was on the phone trying to find a tow truck to get her car. Between calls, she told us that she wasn't even sure she had run out of gas as her car seemed to be acting funny. Butch came out on the tail end of that and started ranting all over again. "I guaran-damn-tee you, it was out of gas!" That's his favorite word when he's worked up. "This is going to cost you $200 because you didn't want to put $6.00 worth of gas in your car." He went back in the house. I asked Steph if he yelled at her the whole time. She said, "yeah, pretty much." I told her to just start crying and he'd stop! He can't stand for his girls to cry.

About that time, Steph left to meet the tow driver and we needed to get ready to go to our monthly poker club. Mindy came back in the bedroom and said that Butch was still yelling at her, "Mindy, have you learned something?!"

Anyway, alls well that ends well. Steph ended up finding a really honest car repair guy. He checked out her car and made a simple adjustment to some gauge that the dealership wanted $800 to fix (Butch said "no" to that). The verdict was "in" She HAD run out of gas. To add insult to injury, she had to listen to another lecture from the car guy about how bad it is to run your car out of gas. That's why I get gas every Thursday whether I need it or not!

Poor Butch---all these girls. And Morgan gets her license on May 10th.

Stay tuned---AYM layouts will be posted today.
http://barbaraeadsaym.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.