Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A Few Things

I have just a few little things to discuss today. 

 I thought this saying was cute and so true!

 Who does this? Do you see the empty wrappers? That drives me nuts. We don't have any little children in the family to account for this. Everyone should know better---I'm talking to YOU---you little girls---but big enough to know better!!!
I'm such an easy touch. It took a lot of willpower to not buy any of this delicious pink-ness---but I didn't.
It helps that my room is pretty much filled to capacity.
I didn't think I was going to be able to pass up these cute little containers. But when I saw the ones below, it was easy.
 These containers are similar to the ones above except, there are 3 of them, they have stuff inside AND they were cheaper.
Here's the purse I bought in New York with my poker winnings. I love it for travel---just big enough to handle my camera, phone, checkbook, datebook, and glasses plus all kinds of other stuff.
When we went to dinner at Steph's last week, this is Nicky's Jambalaya recipe. Mindy is doing the stirring---about as close as she gets to cooking. It was deeee-lish!
Nicky, Morgan and Stephanie. Morgan had her jammies on and wasn't expecting the pictures. She should know better. Hey wait a minute, she's one of the little girls that, apparently doesn't know better.
Mindy and her daddy!
I found these crystal candlesticks at a little gift shop next to Nashville Needleworks. They have some old and unusual stuff hanging on them. Here, they "jazzed" them up with bits of old rosaries, keys and other dangles. They don't look quite junky enough for me, so I'm going to add a few things. I'll take another picture when I do---and who knows when that will be. I'm incredibly busy right now.
I found this at the exact same shop and thought it was so unusual. It's an old silver serving spoon.
Someone add a fork and bent it to make a stand. Now that I think about it, why didn't they just bend the rest of the handle of the spoon rather than cutting it off? I guess it wouldn't have been as neat if there wasn't a fork on the bottom.
Here's the final results---a really cool soap dish. I also think it would make a nice ice scoop. I may have to pick up a couple more for hostess gifts. Wouldn't they be cute with some cranberries sitting in the spoon?
This is another really cool thing. I "caught" Margarita  cleaning the inside of my dishwasher. I should get one of those "nanny cams" and check out all the other unusual things she cleans. I've caught her cleaning the tops of the door frames and the tops of the light bulbs. She cleans stuff I didn't know you were supposed to clean!!

All for now. The rest of the  layouts that I couldn't get to download, posted tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.