Sunday, January 8, 2012

Things I've Learned in 2011

1. Having half/walls in your bathroom is not a good idea. They become clothes racks. I'm guilty too.
2. Apparently, the chair is another clothes rack---and the floor too---on Butch's side. 
3. No matter how many needlework supplies you have, when you start a new project, you NEVER have what you need. This may look like a mess, but it is really all neatly organized.
I have all of my fibers organized on project rings by type. 
There are over 100 on this one ring.


4. PetSmart allows dogs in the store! And they give them doggie biscuit treats when they leave. But nothing for us human's that are actually paying the bill! A piece of chocolate would be nice. I found this out when I was hunting for an aquarium for Butch for Christmas. It was an unpleasant experience. As soon as you walk in the store, it really smells. I couldn't stand it. And I had to go to 2 other pet stores before I decided that I couldn't pick it out for him---there are too many choices. All I wanted to have a say in was the stand anyway.

5. Dr. Oz was validated about 2% milk being the best for you. Fat free milk has more sugar which converts to fat anyway. I was so happy to go back to 2% milk. I'm really loving milk again---2% just has more flavor and tastes richer.

6. When the battery dies on your smoke alarm, it will ALWAYS be in the middle of the night. Frighteningly annoying!

7. Cameron on Modern Family is NOT gay. If someone had said that one of the two guys was NOT gay, I'd have picked the other guy, Mitchell (who actually is in real life). Cameron just nails it!

8. Apparently, I don't like ANY wildlife. Remember this post? I rest my case.
http://www.barbaraeads.blogspot.com/2011/05/you-cant-make-this-stuff-up.html

9. I seem to have some control over Connie when it comes to our needlework. I have been able to convince her to "throttle back" a few times this year. After all, as soon as we commit to something, the needlework store will have something better. However, she did cause me to "cave" when sight, unseen, I agreed to order a button pillow canvas. I was in London when she emailed me about it. I told her to go ahead and sign me up. That's how I discovered, yet again, that I don't have any of the fibers needed to complete it! 

10. Yankee candles from Target do not smell as good as the ones from the Yankee Candle store. Seriously, they are about half the price. Either they are seconds, last year's candles, or they make something completely different for Target and leave out some of the scent. I won't be buying them again. Plus, when you give someone a Yankee Candle for a gift, you would like for them to know you bought it at the store and not the cheap ones from Target. Maybe that's why they don't smell as good. When you receive one, you can tell whether your friend "cheaped out" on you or not.

I'm sure I learned a whole lot more in 2011, but these are just the ones that came to mind. What did you learn last year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.