Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Layout and Recipe Share

Hey All,
Here's my layout for The Scrap Room Challenge Club. I assigned the topic and color combination this month. To see what everyone else did, just click on the link to the AYM Blog on the right.
When I decided that I was going to have everyone scrapbook about their car, I had no idea what I was going to do. Then I decided to tell the story of how disappointed I am in my new car. One thing led to another and I realized I had these old pictures of family gatherings in the country. Turns out to be a perfect  way to use those pictures and cross my journaling to include that time period. 

Here's the journaling on the left side:
Okay, I’ll admit it---I made a mistake. I hate my new car. I was blinded by all the “added features.” I should have known better.


I LOVED my Jeeps---had 3 of those and loved every one. But this time---I thought I was ready for something else. Plus, I thought it was a good idea to support my brother, Matt, who works for General Motors. Add to that, the really good discount he gets us for buying GM products. I got a “top-of-the-line, fully loaded” 2011 Buick Enclave. Sure, I love the features that swayed me---auto car start, hands-free phone, 2 extra seats, and the auto liftgate (one thing I hated about the Jeep was that the hatch would fall down on your head---ouch!). But, when the “honeymoon” was over, I was left with a car I don’t love. It was all superficial. And, idiot that I am, I got the exact same color as Butch’s car. I swear, it looked different on the lot. When I asked him why he didn’t say anything, he answered, “I didn’t want to sway you in any way. I thought you just liked my color.” Sheesh!

The bottom line is this car is just too big. I can’t see to back-up. I thought I would love that back up camera, but I don’t. You can’t really tell from that, how much room you have. There’s a blind spot on the right that is impossible to see around. And then, there’s the parking. Oh my gosh---it’s really hard to park. It’s just plain too big. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve gotten blocked in because someone else parked too close. I just hate it. At least I only have 4 more years to go. We replace our cars every 5 years. I just feel like I’m an accident waiting to happen. As fleeting as time is, 4 years will fly by. I won’t make the same mistake twice!

Here's the journaling on the right side of the page:
I sound like a spoiled brat---complaining about my fancy, schmancy car.


Looking back at the automobiles of my long deceased family members, I should be grateful for the luxuries I take for granted. When I listed the features I was “blinded” by, I completely overlooked, automatic transmission, power steering, power brakes, power windows, auto locks and most of all, AIR CONDITIONING! Besides the fact---that those old cars sort of smelled with their cardboard floor boards. I’m sure those relatives could never have imagined what autos would be like in 2011. And even if they did, they’d probably trade me in a heartbeat.

Now for the recipe share. Last night, I made pasta with my homemade pesto sauce. I wanted some sort of bread to go with it. I had some crescent rolls, so decided to be creative with them. You can't go wrong with crescent tolls. All I did, was sprinkle them generously with parmesan cheese, roll them up, top with more parmesan and bake according to the directions. They were delish!! Try them! 

Parmesan Roll-Ups
1 pkg. cresecent rolls
parmesan cheese

Sprinkle crescent rolls generously with parmesan cheese. Roll up and top with more cheese. Bake according to package directions.

And now for your enjoyment. What could be better? My favorite Broadway star, Idina Menzel.
Don't Cry for Me Argentina!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.