Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I'm Really Losing It...

Last week we had our AYM meeting. Karolyn couldn't make it. She had Bruce drop off her layout. Sometime during the week, I noticed that Karolyn's kit was missing. I sent an email to Pam and Susan to see if they had picked it up for her since they live in the same neighborhood. Pam responded that she didn't have it. I never heard from Susan, so I assumed she had it.

Today, Pam tells me that Susan told her she didn't have it. Now I'm actually a little irritated because I'm really short of time this week and wished she had let me know sooner. I told Pam and Nancy that I now remember that I took her kit and put it in my stitching basket when I passed out the other kits. My stitching basket has a few ziplock bags with projects in them. At least now I was certain where the kit was.

I got home and went straight to the basket, only to find that it wasn't there. Then I started looking everywhere it could possibly be---mud room where I put stuff that I have to give to other people, the kits going to St. Louis, the dining room table with more stuff for St. Louis, the hall closet and then my scrapbook room. I could not find it anywhere. That reminded me that the average person spends 10 minutes a day looking for stuff. I used to use these statistics in my organization lectures years ago. 10 minutes a day averages to 61 hours a year---a whole lot of wasted time! I spent more than 10 minutes today.

Later today at stitching, I had to tell Karolyn that I couldn't find her kit. I told her not to worry that since I am doing 2 books for myself, I would just divide my kit in half and bring it to her at the scrapbook retreat that we're going to next week. 

When I got home this evening, I said to Butch---not really expecting him to know anything---"You didn't by any chance see Karolyn's AYM kit laying around did you?" 

He replied, "You mean the kit you told me to give to Bruce a week and a half ago?"

OMGosh! I didn't even remember that. What I thought I remembered was that I was going to tell Butch to give it to Bruce, but never got around to it. 

Mystery solved. I called Karolyn. She said that Bruce must have put it in her scrapbook room, but she hadn't been up there to notice. She apologized to me!!! As if it was her fault. I'm the one losing it!

There are so many things "wrong" about this picture. Not only did I "forget" having told Butch to give the kit to Bruce but I wasted time "hunting" for it. Worst of all, I actually convinced myself that I had put the kit in my stitching basket. I actually saw myself doing it in my mind's eye. Now that's scary. What other things have I convinced myself of? Makes me wonder....am I really losing it?

1 comment:

  1. nah, not losing it....just temporarily mislaying it, that's all. We call this a CRAFT moment.
    Can't Remember A Flipping Thing
    This is when you buy a notebook, find a pencil and start wearing the sort of clothes that have pockets big enough to carry the notebook and pencil. All you have to do then is remember to write everything in the notebook.... I know, I know it's that word - remember - that's the difficult bit.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.