Thursday, January 19, 2012

Another Busy Week

The movers come tomorrow to move Mindy. There's been something happening just about every day this week. Her new closet is being "installed" today. The closet is not very big, so I got my plantation shutter/closet guy out there to take a look. He came up with some good ideas to make the best use of her limited space. It's on our dime as Mindy's extra money is already gone. It doesn't take long---it all adds up! I'll be taking pictures when everything is done. She bought a condo on the 10th floor of The Rhythm, overlooking the "flying" nude statue on Music Row. Currently, the statue is adorned with "red solo cups." That's Toby Keith's latest hit. I just love him! You can check out the song here:

Toby Keith/Red Solo Cup

Mindy's place definitely has awesome views. We plan to have our weekly "happy hour" there tomorrow night, so we'll spend the day getting everything in order. This suits me just fine. I get to work---unhindered without distractions. Whenever I help someone move/decorate/hang stuff on the walls---I like to be by myself. The only other option is if they let me be the boss and tell them what to do. I always have a clear vision in my head as to how everything should be laid out and organized. That's what I'm good at. Butch will be there since he's going to be the "ladder" guy.

My biggest challenge with Mindy's place is working in all of her favorite things. She wants to keep everything which makes it hard. With 2 walls in her living room being windows, one being the kitchen counter, it makes it pretty hard for furniture placement. She wants this lounge/chair from Stephanie. It's pretty big, but she won't be discouraged. I've got an idea of how to make it work, but won't really know until we get it there.
Disregard all the crap on top of the lounge/chair. It's in Stephanie's garage where it's become a storage lounge/chair. That's what happens to anything you keep in the garage---it just becomes storage. I used to say that about Butch's boat when he kept it in the garage. Stuff just gets piled on top. Anyway, back to this lounge/chair. At least the colors will work. Mindy is inheriting our gold/red stuff from my recent redecorating. Red is her favorite color.  
Mindy has a "thing" about plastic cups. She has about 3219 of them. I made her get rid of a bunch. After all, she's an adult now---27---although she doesn't like to think of herself that way. She says things like, "mom, you would be so proud of me---I paid my insurance bill." Or, mom, "aren't you so proud of me? I earned 2 $50.00 gift cards from my bank for maintaining a thousand dollar balance." I take this to mean she's proud of herself for acting like an adult. I guess I "get it." It's hard for me to think of myself as a "senior" with just turning---I can't even type the number. It still startles me. Plus, it kills me to have to check that "final" age box on just about any form. I was in the 40-59 bracket for so long---that was comfortable. Nothing comes after this last box. Sort of like "it's all over."

Anyway, the plastic cups---they are stacked about 4-6---all reflecting some bar from her party days---and her current party days. She doesn't have a full set of anything. This kind of thing drives me nuts---the jumbled disorder of it. This is about as neat as it will ever look, but, hey, it's her place---as Butch keeps reminding me. It's easy for me to get rid of other people's stuff! If you need help with that, you know how to get a hold of me!

Enough about Mindy and her move. I got a call last Friday morning from one of those---I don't even know what company. It's a recorded voice saying, "Hello. This is "card services" calling about your credit card. Don't worry, there isn't anything wrong...." or something to that affect. Usually at this point, I just hang up. I always wonder how effective those recorded calls can be. Whenever I hear any recording, I hang up. Anyway, each time we get this call, the recording says that it's the last time they are going to give us the opportunity to lower our rate. Still, another call comes in. It's gotten pretty bad---probably 5 or 6 calls a week---even though I'm on that "no call" list. Karolyn said that she wondered if there might be a way to "opt out" of the calls if you listened to the recording to the very end. Sooooo, with that in mind, I listened all the way through the call. At the end, all it said was, "if you would like to hear more about this special offer, press "1." Which I did so that I could actually talk to someone. When the lady came on the line, I told her how I was annoyed by the calls and wanted to have my name removed from that list. She just laughed---that's right---guffawed in to the phone and HUNG UP!!! OMGosh! What is up with that? She HUNG UP on ME!!! I did the only thing I could think of to do---being in the house alone---I screamed at the top of my lungs---f*** y** you b****! It didn't solve one darn thing. I'm so tired of solicitors. I even got one call on Christmas night which was a Sunday this year. Who does that? I think it was "Peggy," so I guess he wouldn't know it was a Sunday or a holiday---for that matter.

That just about brings you up-to-date with me. Nothing much of note going on around here lately. I'm sure I'll have more to report after the big move! Until then....

PS Glee was really good this week. The Bachelor was good too---who doesn't love trashy drama?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.