Saturday, December 10, 2011

Saturday Showtunes---A Christmas Carol

I've seen "A Christmas Carol" on stage many times. In fact, about 14 years ago, Butch surprised me with a trip to New York during December. He planned the entire trip. One of my favorite things we did was see Roger Daltry from The Who perform as Ebenezer Scrooge at Madison Square Gardens. As you entered the theater, it looked like an old English street with lampposts, flower and vegetable carts lining the cobblestones with people dressed in period costumes. It was a very special trip to me.

I couldn't find a clip on "you tube" of that show, but decided instead to present you with a clip of my favorite version of:
A Muppet's Christmas Carol:

I'd been talking about this version so much, that I've invited a few friends over to watch it with me while we stitch on the 20th.

What's your favorite version of "A Christmas Carol?" If you say "Mr. Magoo" you'll definitely be giving your age away!

1 comment:

  1. I like the Muppets version, and I also like the animated one that came out last year - I love all the scenes of London

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.