Wednesday, December 21, 2011

I'm Lazy and I'm Admitting It!

Yesterday, I had a few friends over to stitch, watch a movie ("A Muppet's Christmas Carol"---none of them had seen it) and have lunch. I made roast beef sandwiches that Sandy made for us while visiting in November. They are so good and so easy. The recipe will follow.

Anyway, while having lunch, we were talking---it was Connie, Nancy and Karolyn. Karolyn was telling us about Bruce being so organized that it sometimes drives her nuts. I said that I can relate to Bruce because my mind thinks that way too. He and I used to cross paths in the grocery store at 5:30 a.m. on Saturday mornings back in the day.

I've had all of my holiday food planned for parties, including the grocery list for each thing since the car ride back from Sandy's in November. That makes it really easy each week to just pull out my lists. As I've said before, I live on a timeline with my spiral bound notebook. Is there any other way?

Then, Connie made the statement that she thought she was lazy. Nancy and Karolyn agreed that they might be lazy too. I said that I thought I was lazy too---to which a couple disagreed and asked me when/how I was lazy. I gave the example that sometimes (probably once a week), I don't make my bed. OMG! Talk about making me feel bad. All 3 of them JUMPED on that---"oh no, I couldn't function if my bed wasn't made." "Making my bed is the first thing I do." "There's no way I could get back in the bed if it wasn't made." Weeeellllll, exxxcuuuussseeee ME! I was just giving an example of how sometimes I can be lazy! I'm human! I realized after the fact, that none of them gave an example of how they are lazy. It's not like I said I didn't feed the baby or something. It's the bed, for crying out loud. Add to that, Butch is still IN it when I get up. Sometimes I don't even go back in to the bedroom until late in the day.

I guess that leads to another thing I'm lazy about---I don't always shower right away after working out. If I don't have to go anywhere for the day, it might be late afternoon before I take a shower. If it's early evening, I'll change straight in to my jammies. So SUE me!

Another thing---Connie doesn't even make her bed---Jack does (including putting on the decorative pillows)! So there!

Next time we're together, I'm going to find out how they are lazy and then "lord" it over them!
Now that I've gotten that off my chest, here's the recipe:


Roast Beef Sandwiches
1 lb. roast beef (deli or packaged)
provolone cheese
1 can Campbells' French onion soup
1 T. worcestershire sauce
rolls or buns (Sandy used Sister Shubert and so did I)

Heat undiluted soup with worcestershire sauce. Add meat to heat through. Pile meat on rolls and top with cheese. Bake at 400 until cheese melts. Top with additional sauce.

I didn't do this, but thought it would be really good with horseradish sauce too.

I'll leave you with this cutie from Starbucks:
Let's be Merry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.