Monday, December 19, 2011

The Bachelor

I know it's a trashy show. Even the promos have been ridiculous---just girls crying---no dialog---just the sobbing. I guess it's all about the drama. Still, I'll be watching it. Anyone want to join my "pool?" $5.00 gets you "in."

Moving on. Family baking day was a success---a mess, but a success. We have plenty of cookies and a quadruple batch of party mix. We're definitely set for food for the holidays---probably way too much.

I'm having a tea today---actually, it's my AYM/2012 kick-off. I'll be using my teas from England. I'm also going to serve tea punch---that traditional Southern favorite. I'm really excited about it. I'll post some pictures on the AYM blog afterwards.

All the gifts are wrapped and under the trees. The hostess gifts are ready too. But there's one thing---gift related---that I haven't mentioned. We all got quite a chuckle out of Mitchell's and Victoria's Christmas lists. Victoria put ginger ale on her list. Mitchell put protein bars and shakes on his. I don't think anyone has put food on their list before. I guess their mom doesn't buy that stuff for them. That's a good enough reason to put it on your Christmas list---to ask for things you don't ordinarily get.

Did you hear that they are making a movie out of my all time favorite play? Les Miserables is being cast and will start production in March. Already, they have Russell Crow (Javert), Anne Hathaway (Fantine), Hugh Jackman (Valjean), and Geoffrey Rush (not sure of his part). They are still casting for Eponine. Lea Michelle has auditioned for the part. She made her Broadway debut at age 8 playing the young Cosette. Also auditioning for the part is Scarlett Johanssen, Rachel Wood and Taylor Swift. Really? I want Lea Michelle to get the part. She has such a strong voice and is perfect for the part. The movie is supposed to be out by next Christmas. I can't wait. I always wondered why they didn't make a movie out of it.

I'm looking forward to the week. Just one fun thing after another. I hope you have fun stuff to do too!
Later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.