Tuesday, October 25, 2011

What I've Been Up To...

OMG! Did anyone catch Harry Connick, Jr. with his daugther on Ellen today? The daughter sang while he played---she was AWFUL!!! How embarrassing. Enough said.

Anyway, on to the good stuff. I got my "too good to be true---supposedly---revised cable bill. It was the EXACT SAME F*****N" BILL! I am about ready to slit my wrists, kill someone, tear my hair out---which, of course, when you have crappy hair, you cannot afford to do!! Truly, I thought I was going to stroke out. So I did the only logical thing. I PAID it! Yes, Scarlet, I'm going to worry about that tomorrow! We're heading out-of-town this weekend to Washington, D.C. and "frankly, my dear, I do give a damn," but just not now. Here's my latest Comcast cable plan: I'm waiting for the next bill---praying that it will somehow be correct---you know me and my optimistic personality---knowing that it won't. I'm going to take that f'n' thing to some office somewhere and demand a "real" person deal with me---no more "Peggys" for me. After that, then I'm sure my problems with the actual service will begin!! OMG! How can one company be so inept? Butch told me that if you "tweet" about it, someone will call you within a half hour because they have "people" monitoring "tweets." What the? I don't know how to "tweet", don't want to learn, don't care what you're doing, don't care what I'm doing, but mainly, don't need another obsession. Why don't they just put their efforts into actually "helping" the people that are calling in? FTS!!!!! (deserves LOTS of exclamation points)! Okay, I'm taking a deep breath now.

I made a new discovery about myself. I don't know why I didn't notice it before, all the signs are staring me right in the face. I have a napkin problem. I decided to put a few of the Halloween things away since no one will be here for the rest of the week. OMG! I don't know how it happened, they were cute, I bought them, used very few, went to put them in the chest of drawers in the family room that holds all of my seasonal napkins (Christmas, Valentine's Day, Easter, 4th of July, Titan's, Halloween and Thanksgiving, not to mention the garden, floral, tea, Mary Englebreit, and scads of Caspari). Not only was the chest full, there was no room for the "incoming." Then it hit me---who in the heck has an entire chest of drawers full of napkins??!!! That would be the same person that has an entire double-wide cabinet full of candles!! Yet, I never seen to have the right color or correct number. I don't know what is the matter with me. I think I'm nearing the stage I might need to seek help. It's not like you can live on candles or napkins---like they were rationed through the war and I'm fearful of running out or something. I don't know, I don't get it. I'm just wired in some funky way.

Now here's some better stuff:

I'm always the "comer upper" with projects for my day group. I wanted to "cute up" this library tray to hold photos I plan to scrapbook. I'm making it a "round robin" type of thing. We'll each design two of the divider cards. I always go first. Then, just for fun, I added some antique blocks for feet. Turned out cute.
The front blocks have a "B" and and "E." I don't remember the back ones---doesn't matter---you don't really see them.
You can barely tell, but this wooden antique spindle is pink. Karolyn found it in an antique shop in Asheville, North Carolina last weekend on her sister's weekend. Which reminds me. Anyone want to go to the Biltmore over the Christmas holidays? I've been wanting to get there for years. I can swing it during that time of year, but most of my friends are reaching the frantic stage. I think I'll see what Butch's schedule is like. We can go during the week for a couple of days. Yeah, that sounds like a plan. I'll have to look in to it.
And finally---Mindy's birthday party projects. Here are the old wooden spools of thread that I found a few weeks ago---put to use. I bought the chipboard stars at Michaels, "painted" them with Tacky glue, dipped them in cheap, chunky glitter (although the ultra-fine, expensive would probably be prettier), and let them dry overnight. I've had the vintage light reflectors for awhile and have used them in my scrapbooks. I also made the Christmas "yo-yo's" a couple of years ago. All I did now was sew the buttons on. I used the hot glue gun to attach everything. I glued the stars to some wooden BBQ skewers and glued them into the spool. I tied the vintage seam binding on last. Quick, easy and fun. I love them! For Mindy's friends, I'm going to see if I can find a smaller star so they can each do two---otherwise, it will be just one big one. When working with non-crafters, I have to make sure the project is easy enough to complete in a reasonable amount of time.
And now, here are those little tart tins that I have a kazillion of. I've glued in old earrings, pins, buttons, attached a crystal drop a ribbon and a hanger---couldn't be easier. I think they are pretty darn cute. Mindy's friends will make one of these too.

A little surprise---ALL of you---my family and friends that read my blog will be getting one! What if you're not one of my close family members or friends? Well, I say, become a "follower" (by clicking on "join this site" in the right sidebar under "followers" and leave me a comment below and I'll pick one lucky winner! Go for it! I haven't done a "give-a-way" in a while.

Oh, and that little tree on the upper left? That was another idea, but would be way too time consuming for a bunch of non-crafters.

Enough for now. Next up, my newly cleaned and re-organized scrapbook room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.