Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Layouts From the Weekend

Here are the layouts from our Cousin's Crop at which no cousins were present. We were glad to have Karolyn as a "counterfeit cousin" this year.
Karolyn did this adorable page about her granddaughter's dance recital.
 She has been working on pages from her wedding and all the parties leading up to it.
This is one of the last pages for the album she created for her sister who has just gone through a terrible battle with throat cancer.
 Another page for her wedding scrapbook based on one of their showers.
Jeanne did this page from her trip to Italy. Supposedly, Juliet is buried here. I asked her if she didn't know that Romeo and Juliet was fictional. Go figure!
Jeanne and Jim went zip lining in Jamaica.
 I planned this title page for the group. You can never have too many ready to go. There's nothing worse than putting a book together and not having the end page.

 "What are Little Boys Made of" is about Johnny.
 "Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice, That's What Little Girls are Made of" is about Angie.
 I love this layout about Joyce and plan to "scraplift" it. However, I won't be using such an unflattering picture. I always try to use the best photos unless I just don't have any other choice.
 "All Dried Up" is a layout about the dry creek bed they put in under their deck. Before and after layouts are always a lot of fun to do.
 "Pride and Joy" is about Angie and Johnny together.
 This is a layout she did for her work scrapbook. She has a conference somewhere in the world every year. If she takes the book to work, she just might interest some others in scrapbooking.
This is Janet's layout about our Zimmermann family vacation around 1998 to Florida. I like the yarn she used across the center that had all the colors of the sea.
 She did this layout about our family trip to Vegas this past March. She had a poker chip that she used as an embellishment.
 Another family trip---this one to New Orleans in 2010. The perfect place for the Zimmermann's.
 "Field Trip" was based on a sight seeing trip to Notre Dame while visiting Scott and Joyce in South Bend.
 I can't remember the title of this page, but it is based on our Mother/Daughter trip to San Diego a few years ago. We were lamenting the fact that it might be a really long time before we could do that again due to Angie's new baby on the way.
 Now for my layouts. I'm finishing up my Zimmermann album. These are some family wedding photos for this "All of Us" page.
I'm doing pages for each of my brothers and sisters. This one is about Janice---my professional softball playing sister.
 I loved using scraps for this layout about my niece, Jessica.
 This one is about Zachary. I just love those little fudgecicles.
 Another great way to use scraps---the weaving technique. This layout is about Jessica's family.
 Scarlett is Alicia's little girl. Those flowers are really fat. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to keep them.
 This page is just a lot of random photos. It's a great way to get a lot of pictures on the page and preserved. Add a few buttons, done.
 I spent a lot of time messing with running this notebook paper through the printer---jamming it up several times. It was worth it. This layout is for The Scrap Room Challenge Club (TSRCC). The challenge this month was to use orange, purple and yellow on the page---typical Halloween colors. My layout is not about Halloween. The title is "The amount of stuff needed for a scrapbook weekend is downright SCARY"---with photos of all the stuff.
 This layout is also for TSRCC---last month. I was gone two months in a row. The challenge for September, was to use metal on the page. I used label holders, metallic leaves and brads.
 This layout is about Aunt Marie, Mark and Justine.
 A few weeks ago, Mindy asked for a craft project. I remembered the Christmas button trees I made a few years ago. I decided to try Halloween trees. Jeanne, Janet and Karolyn made them this weekend too. It's unbelievable how many buttons and pins it takes---about 250 on the large one.
I also offered them this project that I have planned for Stephanie and her friends this Saturday. It turned out pretty cute. A great way to use your scrapbook supplies in home decor.

Just a great weekend all the way around. I just love getting away to scrapbook. As you can see, we got a lot done. That's when I get most of my stuff done. We talked about that. When we're home, we have several leisure time activities to choose from. When you plan a scrapbook retreat, it's the only thing you do---besides read, eat and just hang out. It's a great way to spend some quality time with family and friends while accomplishing something at the same time. We just love it.

2 comments:

  1. WOW Barbara this is a great post. I'm loveing these layouts and I've got some great ideas. I love your button tree, I might have to copy you. It's gorgeous!!!
    xxx
    Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marlene! Feel free to copy anything!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.