Monday, October 10, 2011

I'm a LIttle Bit Obsessed!

Ya' think? Actually, more than a little---I do believe I'm certifiable. I don't know, maybe it's time to seek help. I'm just so driven about everything---I like to think it's because I'm passionate about what I love. At least that sounds like a good excuse. And I think that I might be willing to admit that Butch might be right---I could be a hoarder. But I can throw things away too, so that's a contradiction. I have a lot of stuff and I like my stuff. I think I get away with it because I am fortunate enough to have a big house so all the junk is spread out. Except for my scrapbook room---which is completely junky---in a good way to me. I like that you can look anywhere and find something interesting. If my whole house looked like that, I would hate it, but one room is okay. This really is leading up to something.

Let me tell you how today is going. I got up at 3 a.m.---I went to bed at 9:30, so actually, that was a pretty good night's sleep for me. Made tea and got on my computer and received an email from Pandora, welcoming me to their internet free radio. Jeanne introduced it to me this weekend. I'm already hooked. I decided that this was a good time to learn the "ins and outs"---that's what I mean about being obsessed. I'm a geek. I want to know and learn everything. As IF I could even remember it all! Still, I want to know it. I spent about a half hour learning all about it. (Pandora sidenote: Jeanne, you only get so many free hours a month---couldn't figure out how many---so that's why they ask if you are still listening. If you use up your free time, you can pay 99 cents for an unlimited amount for the rest of the month. If you join for the year---which is about $35. you get unlimited and commercial free. The commercials are so few, that I don't think it's worth it to join).

I pinned a few things on my bulletin boards on Pinterest---that's a whole 'nother internet thing. Love it too!

After that, I uploaded 219 photos from our London trip to Walgreen's to take advantage of a good photo offer.

While waiting for all those photos to upload,  I started planning a New York trip. I'm taking the girls the 2nd weekend of November. I ordered the theater tickets (Memphis and Avenue Q). As I was planning the itinerary, I was looking up some restaurants and their locations. Through the course of that, I came across a picture of the Apple Store on 5th Avenue and saw the thousands of tributes posted on the window. It was very touching. I finished up the planning and have come up with some fun activities and restaurants that hopefully won't break the bank.

I got ready for my workout. I tapered down last night with my prednisone for the first time. Not sure I can do it yet as today when I laced up my tennis shoes to head to Curves I got that tingly feeling that my hives were starting up on my feet. After this many years, I recognize all the signs. I loosened the laces some and proceeded with my workout. They didn't get worse, so that's a good sign. Neither of the girls showed up today---still recovering from the weekend, I guess.

After my workout, I went to the grocery store and then a quick stop by the mall to see if there were tributes all over the window at our Apple store. There were. I added one myself and snapped a couple pictures. I even teared up. What the heck is wrong with me? I didn't even know the guy. Lack of sleep makes my emotions run high. I do plan to do a scrapbook page about Steve Jobs. I want my scrapbooks to be about my/our life and times and what was important to me/us. I keep thinking that in 50 years, I'll have some great, great, grandchildren somewhere out there that will be learning about 9/11, Katrina, the King of Pop and Steve Jobs. They might not have physical books anymore, but they'll have these books. I think it will be really cool for them to think---"hey, we have a scrapbook from some ancestor about that!" I know how I felt when I brought some really old stamps to school in the 6th grade when we were learning something about Bavaria. The teacher thought it was really cool and it made me important for a minute.
Now that I think about it, I'm going to write a letter to my great, great grandchildren in the future and tuck it into the book. See what I mean---I'm obsessed! Or, I just can't stop thinking up ideas---like some mad genius, except my stuff isn't the really useful, important stuff. These thoughts in my head just keep me busy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.