Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Scrapbook Retreat

Hey All,
Here are a few of the layouts I did at our last retreat.
A few years ago, I brought some "fill in the blank" cards for my family. It includes all kinds of likes---like: favorite color, favorite food, restaurant, etc. My plan is to use them when I do a page about a particular person. 

I had a card for Janet, but it fell on the floor, so I forgot to use it. I ended up giving it to Jeanne. I have very few pictures of Janet---in fact, this is it---not even enough for a double page spread. That's why I put couples pictures on the left side. This was a really simple layout---just some squares of pattern paper, a few felt flowers and a punched border. 
My style of scrapbooking tends to be pretty clean and simple. I'm pretty linear---nothing cockeyed or crooked for me. I didn't seem to mind "angling" that heart.
I did several layouts about our family "Minute to Win It" game while on vacation in July.  I have about a dozen albums in the works at all times. That way, I never get bored. I scrapbook what I want when I want. This layout will go into Sandy's album---that's why I focused on the pictures that are of her family.

This layout couldn't have been easier or faster---8-1" strips of pattern paper. I just eyeballed them to lay them out. Then I just put a picture in each square using one square for the title. After that, I just added buttons or brads at each junction---sort of like a quilt. Took less than an hour.

I had this layout already completed except for the journaling. I decided to document our 4 mantels and explain the significance of the items on them.


This layout will go into our family album. It's just a bunch of random photos from our vacation. I love writing across several journaling spots and post-it notes. I was happy to be able to incorporate the vintage bingo cards from my stash too.


Another game page for Steph's family album. I had some odds and ends that I bunched together on the left side for an easy border.

The title banner is just layered stickers. Banners are all the rage right now. Another thing I like to do and have to be careful to not "over-do" is the 3 brads in the upper right corner and lower left corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.