Tuesday, September 20, 2011

It's All About the Food

I'm just going to cut to the chase. Everyone wants to know how it's going with the meals. Here it is:
Saturday
2 scrambled eggs and 1 1/2 turkey sausage links at 9:30 a.m.
dinner on the plane at 6:30 p.m.---lousy food
Sunday
horrible breakfast at 4:30 a.m. on the plane.
dinner at "The Goat" pub at 5:30 p.m.---Butch admits he's a little dizzy and light headed from hunger---Barb has fish and chips; Butch has "a pint and a pie"---beer and chicken pot pie---both meals were good; bottled water.
Monday
continental breakfast at the hotel---8:30 a.m.
lunch at Cafe Rouge---2 p.m.; bottled water
drinks and 1/4 cup cold artichoke spread with 4-1"x6" crackers ---we shared---turns out we were at the same place as we had lunch---a chain---we didn't know.
popcorn at the theater---we shared; bottled water
2 thin mints---one each
Tuesday
continental breakfast at 8:30 a.m.
lunch---Burger King---1 p.m.
drinks---a glass of wine each---turns out it's the same pub chain as "The Goat"
dinner---8:00 p.m. The Firehouse---we each had a salad, 2 glasses of wine (cheap), split a pizza---$80.00!! Butch says starting tomorrow he's going to throttle back!

And I thought we were finally getting started! So, to re-cap, it looks like I get a meal approximately every 8 and a half hours. We've been to exactly 6 places since we've been here and we've managed to duplicate 4 of them. I'm hungry a lot---Butch isn't. I think we're actually the only people that go on vacation and actually lose weight---not that I can't afford to lose a few. I think I've been doing all the compromising on the food.

It's a good thing I learned all about keeping food logs from Weight Watchers.


The peas were disgusting---and I like peas.
What's wrong with this picture? The "pint" is bigger than the "pie"!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.