Thursday, July 28, 2011

That Green Eyed Monster!

This past weekend, Butch and I decided that it was a good idea to get all the boxes of the girls "stuff" out of the attic. Turns out that most of it was Stephanie's New Kids on the Block stuff---about 4 or 5 boxes worth. It was a nasty, dirty job, but we did manage to find a few treasures. I was so excited to "find" this. It was in a box of Sandy's keepsakes. I had this St. Aloysius pennant since I was a little girl. Since Sandy went to St. Aloysius in Peewee Valley, KY for 1st and half of 2nd grade, I had given it to her. I completely forgot all about it---until I saw it in Jeanne's scrapbook room. I remember thinking, that I was sure that she had my pennant since we shared a room growing up. I was pretty jealous that she had something so cool from our childhood. Then all of a sudden, I wasn't quite so sure that Jeanne had this after all. I called her and she confirmed that all she has is the St. Aloysius "patch" from her volleyball uniform. Yet, I would have sworn that she had this pennant. And I even built up this whole jealousy thing in my mind. 
Although Jeanne and I laughed about it, I am seriously concerned about my mind! To completely fabricate something---and actually have the emotions to go along with the fabrication---that's bad! Really bad!

The only good thing to come out of all of this besides the pennant, is that we have moved out at least a dozen boxes from the attic. Can't wait to get up there and vacuum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.