Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Mindy-ness

On Saturday, coming home from vacation, Mindy realized that she had forgotten to leave Margarita a key for her bi-monthly cleaning. She had to call and cancel---which was bad because she had to cancel her the last time too---since she had out-of-town company. I asked her if she was going to be "bummed" after being out-of-town for 2 weeks and coming home to dirty apartment. She said "no" because she had DEEP CLEANED before her friend, Drew came from New Orleans. I'm thinking, "what the heck is she talking about? Margarita does the deep cleaning." So I asked her what DEEP CLEANING meant to her. She said that she had "wiped out" the bath tub and sink!! What a hoot. Truly, she has no clue.

In all fairness, the girl has never had to clean in her life. By the time she was born, I already had a cleaning lady. When she went off to college, she thought Windex wipes could handle it all. She used the Pledge as pest control---using half a can on each gargantuan roach that can only be found in New Orleans. Those suckers can carry off a newborn---I've seen them. Aside from the roaches I rarely stayed with her because I couldn't take such low cleaning standards. I did clean her apartment once when she first moved in, but I'm not the type of mom that's going to "bust my butt" cleaning when I don't even do my own! I love my girls, but there are limits. That's why, when Mindy moved back to Nashville, Butch and I made Margarita mandatory---the best 100 bucks she spends each month. And any time we go over, it's nice---you don't feel like you have to have the hand sanitizer in your hands the whole time.

Here she is after coming home from Curves, getting ready for work and having breakfast---pancakes with a Diet Coke. The girl definitely is one of a kind. We're glad she's our one of a kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.