Thursday, July 7, 2011

How Time Does Fly

I can't believe that Elizabeth will turn six in September. Where has the time gone? It's always so much fun to have a baby in the family, but she's not one anymore. Still, she provides us with quite a bit of entertainment. One afternoon this week, she and I were playing Sequence. She won the first game, I won the second. I said we'd play a third to see who was the champion. She said, "no thanks, grammy, I'm kind of "boed." She still has trouble with her "r's," but it sounds so darn cute.
Tonight, we went to dinner at Bayou Bill's Crab Shack. I asked her, "if you could pick anything in the whole wide world to eat, what would it be?" She said "ribs." I told her she could get them.When the waitress came around, she ordered cheese pizza. I asked her why she didn't order the ribs. She said, "because I'm wearing my new shirt and I don't want to ruin it with ribs." And here I thought I was the only one (well, except for Connie) that had to worry about slopping on my shirt!!! Anyway, we convinced her that she would be okay with the ribs and she was. Near the end of the meal, she said, "I didn't even have to use my napkin once!" Like that was a special feat! I'm going to miss these cute little things she says. We are so lucky that she's such an easy-going kid and so much fun to have around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.