Monday, May 9, 2011

Randomness...

This is what you get when a huge clock from Hobby Lobby falls on your papa toe.

 Nancy wanted me to make these needlepoint Halloween suckers with her. It didn't take much convincing as they are really awesome. She still hasn't finished hers---but then, I'm the over-achiever of the bunch. These suckers will be put into a pumpkin as a centerpiece. I'm sure they'll turn up again around Halloween so you can see what it looks like.

Susan stopped by to drop off some plates and wine glasses I loaned her. She had this vase of flowers for me as a memorial to my mom. Very thoughtful and it choked me up. Our first Mother's Day without her.

Mindy and Stephanie came over on Saturday for me to help them make these "headpieces" for Steeplechase next weekend. I didn't really want to have anything to do with the project, as Lady Gaga, I am NOT. Still, with everyone's help---including Butch, we pulled it off. Apparently, these are going to be perfect with their dresses. I'll post those pictures when they send them to me next weekend. According to Mindy, they were inspired by the Royal Wedding.

This is the book that we're reading for our family book club for our summer vacation---July 2-9---plenty of time. I gave Mindy her copy to which she quipped, "I better get started. Ooooh, there's pictures!" The book only has 229 pages and lots of space between lines. Looks like a 4 hour read to me. I guess that's about right for Mindy, one page a day. If she gets it read, this will be the first family book discussion that she's participated in. We've always done a separate book for the kids, but now that they are growing up, we've included the teens in this one. I picked another for Victoria that we will all read too. We always have 2 discussions. If you ever need any book recommendations for family, just email me. We've had some good ones. It's really a lot of fun to have the perspective of all ages.

Stephanie and Nicky came for cocktails on Friday night---Mindy was still out-of-town. I surprised Stephanie with her own personalized wine glass. She said, "uh oh, Mindy is going to be jealous!" She was "right on" with that as the next day when they came to do the "headpieces," Mindy saw it and made the comment, "Humph, Steph gets her own glass?" I then showed her the one I got for her. Butch and I are loving this little family ritual every Friday night---just an hour or so, but a nice way to catch up and kick off the weekend.

It was on clearance, what can I say?

Here's Mindy's---at least until I find a personalized one for her.

And this one is for Sandy, although she hasn't been here to use it yet. This has been a fun little collection.

A porch perspective. I put the sun room furniture on Craig's List and got 6  contacts---ALL turned out to be scams. My first and last experience with Craig's List. When the new furniture was to be delivered, I had to put the old, somewhere. I hauled it out to the front porch and arranged it on one end. Butch liked it right away and we've had several compliments already, so there it will stay. Turns out, it's a good thing we didn't sell it. We have really enjoyed sitting out here. Truly, looking down the porch towards the shade garden is a totally new perspective.

Here's the view from the front door. Looks real southern to me!

Much more to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.