Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Mother of all Mother's Days

We all started the morning with Mass, then came back to the house for Bloody Mary's before going to the club for brunch. Back to the house again for pictures, then the girls spent the day at the pool (some of Morgan's friends came). This was their first day "in" the pool---the water was cold, but it was really hot, so it didn't take them long to get used to it.

Mindy, Morgan, Stephanie and Jordan

If my face gets any fatter, it's going to "pop"---it feels really tight. I hate it.

Stephanie gave me this cute bud vase set. I love the little blue bird on top. She said that it was a little over her budget, but she bargained with the shop owner to get it priced within her range.

Mindy gave me this peace lily for my "new" (well, not quite there yet) sunroom. I'm hoping everything will be finished by the end of this week. Then I'll be ready to unveil it!


While in the sunroom taking the picture of Mindy's plant, I was reminded of this silk rose plant that I bought years ago. Butch didn't know it was fake and vacuumed up all the loose petals. I made him dig them out of the central vac unit in the garage as I'd paid extra for those loose petals. Now that I think about it, in light of our disagreement over the floral arrangement on the bar shelf, I'm coming to the conclusion that he just doesn't like flowers!

I spent about an hour on the phone with Sandy---she was having a good Mother's Day too. Greg was doing all the cooking. Mitchell cleaned up the house. Victoria and Elizabeth made cards. Victoria gave Sandy $3.00 and a note telling her that she hoped she enjoyed breakfast in bed---which Sandy didn't get. Victoria had planned to do it, but then didn't. Too funny!

Tomorrow night, we're celebrating Morgan's birthday. I'm making her favorite meal: meatloaf, mashed potatoes, peas, carrot casserole, Sister Shubert rolls and praline cake. After she listed all the foods she wanted, I said, "Okay, I'm down with that." The girls all exchanged looks, laughed and then Jordan said, "Oh, grammy, that was just weird." Hey, I'm not allowed to use current lingo?? I'll send the praline cake recipe tomorrow---really good.

Anyway, as my Mother's Day present from Butch, he did the grocery shopping and washed my car. All in all, a perfect day!! 



I'd love to hear about yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.