Monday, May 16, 2011

Making the Most of My Memories Workshop

I've taught this workshop 4 times now. It's all about organizing your pictures in a way that encourages the stories behind the photos. I just finished my recent one last Thursday. I haven't had a single complaint, but rarely do you get any feedback. I've had a few positive comments and emails, but this one is really nice. I don't mean for it to seem self-serving, but wanted to share it so I have a permanent record of it on my blog---which is just another scrapbook for me---since I have it printed into a book each year.

"I have been an oil painter for many, many years. I have attended many,
many classes learning new and greater techniques. Since I have given up
oil painting that is when I decided to take up scrap booking. Barbara
this class I have enjoyed even more than my oil painting classes.  I
could set and listen to you talk for hours.  I learn so much just
listening to you about organization of my pictures.  It really works.
Also the journaling.  I have a whole new outlook on journaling.  Just
tell the story!    I am not sure if I will be there Thursday evening but
if I am not I will take a picture of my scrapbook page and send it to
you.  

I will keep my eye out for more classes you do at the Scrap Room.  And
if you offer something else outside of the Scrap Room let me know I
might just be interested in attending.  I love your personality "just
tell it how it is"  my wonderful girlfriend is the same way and you
remind me of her so much.  Enjoyed and keep up the good work.  I am sure
you touch people's hearts and minds every day.  You sure did mine. May
God Bless."


Isn't that nice?


And another thing---not related to MMMMW---since when did a 5 lb. bag of sugar start to only contain 4 lbs.? I guess the same time a half gallon of ice cream no longer contains a half gallon. Butch says that's how the food companies raise the prices without us knowing it. Basically keep the same price, but reduce the amount you get. Seems a little dishonest to me.


PS Sorry this didn't transfer very well. It looks fine here, but then when I post it, it's all messed up. Same for those large gaps between posts. Don't know how to fix it since they don't show up on the page I'm typing on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.