Saturday, May 21, 2011

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

I've already mentioned how Mindy comes over every morning at 6:30 after her workout at the Y (when she's in town). Well, she decided to join Curves and convinced Stephanie to join also. This is a "major" deal for Steph as she is NOT a morning person by any stretch. Now she has to be up by 5 to get all her stuff together for work and get to Curves by 6. Which means, they BOTH come over here to get ready for work (our house is about 5 minutes from their office), have breakfast and make lunches (mostly Mindy). I don't mind a bit----except, it is completely disruptive to my schedule. By the time they get here and ready, it's 7:30. Normally, I would have already been upstairs in my office or scrapbook room an hour and a half. Now, my day doesn't seem to get started until 8 a.m. 
Sooooo, I decided that the best thing for me to do would be to just go ahead and join Curves again. I've done it before---faithfully for a couple of years. I fell off the Curves bandwagon in relationship to my hives. I go through these periods---"what's the use"---even my doctor says I can't lose weight while on these meds. This time, I'm taking a different attitude---even if I can't lose weight (and I'm really starting to lose hope in that regard), I can at least strengthen my muscles and bones. Since I'm a faller, this can only be good for me. Plus, when Mindy's out-of-town, it just might be the motivation Steph needs to keep getting up so early. Now my day officially starts at 8 a.m.

Side note---turns out Mindy LOVES being a morning person! It's nice to know that now I have 2 people I can call really early (Sandy is on Eastern time, so with her school schedule, she's always up) ---IF I wanted to get on the phone...



Wednesday, May 18---a fire in the fireplace. When I suggested it, Butch acted like I was crazy.  We turned the air conditioning on in April and haven't turned it off. It's not like it has been running. We had a cold snap. It's been downright freezing in the house---getting as low as 64 in the daytime. I refused to turn the heat back on. There's just something wrong with that. I don't ever recall this happening before. Anyway, since we were both snuggled up in socks, sweatshirts and afghans, Butch agreed it wasn't such a bad idea after all and went ahead and hauled the wood in. It was nice. I do love me a good fire. 

Now we'll see if 2 weeks with neither heat nor air makes any kind of difference in our utility bills. Probably not. Doesn't seem to work that way. Things only go up---never down. Sorry Sir Isaac Newton.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.