Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Boewer Family Reunion

With the help of my cousin, Rick, I have been planning the Boewer Family Reunion for almost a year. When I first told my girls about it, they all said, "Who are the Boewer's?" Boewer was my grandma Zimmermann's maiden name. That's the only thing that connects us to this part of the family. When I did up the family group sheets, it hit me that there are no actual Boewers remaining. The name has died out in our family. My grandmother had three brothers---Uncle C.J. never married and Uncles Bill and Joe only had daughters. It's unbelievable to me that this can happen so easily.
The Joseph Boewer family.

The Boewer girls.

All the first cousins.

Bob and Rick Palank. Rick handed off his camera to me. I couldn't find the  "live" view. He said he didn't really know how to work his camera. Come to find out, it's old---doesn't have the "live" view. What we take for granted today...

Just a really small part of the Jules Zimmermann family.

Uncle Jules and Aunt Irma.

Just a few of the Wesley Zimmermann family. On the far left is my cousin, Julie and her family. She was only 3 when I got married, so I never really knew her. I've had a lot of fun emailing her and sharing family stories over the past couple of months. She gave me a couple of tablecloths that belonged to my grandma Zimmermann.  (I'll be sharing those soon.) I'm so grateful to have them.

Next to Julie is her brother, Mark. He drove with his son, Matt all the way from Washington, D.C. to attend.
Aunt Marlene and Uncle Wally---can you "dig" her leather pants and motorcycle jacket? Not bad for an old broad!

The Eugene Zimmermann family---that's us. We had the largest turnout, even though not everyone was there. My whole family was there (except for Jordan who had to stay behind for work). Of course, I pretty much brow beat everyone to be there. I'm so glad they still listen to me. I keep saying I'm done being the boss, but I have to admit, it still comes in handy every now and then!

"The Original Seven"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.