Saturday, March 26, 2011

A Year of Memories---March---Daily Details


The topic this month was to scrapbook the details of the guys life---the little stuff that makes up his days.

I just had this brainstorm---just because you aren't local doesn't mean you can't participate in the project. In fact, it would be a really good idea to follow along. If you do just the one layout a month, you will have a completed album at the end of the year---plus, if you email me a picture of your layout, I will be happy to post it on my blog! What a deal! Add to that, I design the title and end page, so it will be easy to copy.

To get you started, you can either start with this topic, or go back and do the others. You can do it for yourself or for your guy. Whatever. Here are the previous topics to "catch you up." 
January---5 Memories at 5 Years Old
February---Drive---about your first car, or any car
March---Your daily routine---Everyday Details
April---Fashion Statement---hair, fashion, through the years.


Susan and Pete were not able to make it last month, so this is the "drive" layout titled: 


"Pete's Wheels & Deals." The funny thing about this project (except for Jim---who is the youngest) ALL of the guys had a Volkswagen at some point.
Pete's "Daily Life"
Bruce's "A Slice of Life" layout included watching "Wheel of Fortune"---which as it turns out, we all do. In the lower right corner, Karolyn printed a picture of the "board"with her and Bruce's initials on it. Very clever. 
Jack's layout---"Details of the Everyday" focused on his routine at work---starting from the empty parking lot when he arrives at o'dark-thirty.

"Daily Routine" is Hugh's page. I love how Pam did the buttons.
For Butch's layout, I took and A.M. and P.M. approach. I used a cardboard cylinder to stamp the paint circles. I also stacked the buttons and placed them here and there. I found the Sun and the moon using my new Gypsy.
Bill's title is "The Simple Life Happens on Saturday." Bill and Nancy live on a beautiful farm in Leipers Fork, TN (technically, they live in Boston, but no one has ever heard of that---in TN at least). He owns an insurance agency through the week, then becomes a farmer on weekends. They have cows and chickens and we're lucky enough to be the recipients of farm fresh eggs. I love how Nancy used the packaging on her layout---and the little clocks to signify the time of the day that things occur.

Jeanne hasn't sent her layout yet. As soon as she does, I'll add it.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.