Tuesday, March 8, 2011

"The Amount of "STUFF" Required..."

for our Eads' girls weekend is pretty unbelievable! Especially in this age of technology---so many electronics, chargers, power cords...

We started this tradition of getting together 4 years ago. Chris comes from St. Louis with Bridget, Sara and Marci. Stephanie, Mindy (for the first time this year) and myself come from Nashville. And Sandy comes down from Kalamazoo. After a few other locations, we decided last year that Nashville, IN is the most centrally located for all of us. The drive is the same within about 15 minutes---except for the St. Louis' Eads' girls who manage to  make it an extra hour for themselves!! (You know "gabbing and following directions don't mix?" Remember my 10 hour trip back to Nashville last year with my friends?  Should have only taken 7, but we missed the first turn right off the bat. It wasn't until I started seeing signs for Kansas City that I knew we had a problem. Okay, I'm just saying---it happens)!

We have the best time, laughing, reliving our past memories, scrapbooking, stitching, games, eating, reading, napping, late nights, drinking, learning---we cover it all. And it is FUN, FUN!!! The only thing missing this year was Sara! She ended up having to stay behind due to sick husband and kids. I know it couldn't have been fun for her. We certainly missed her.

The only other unusual thing that happened is that Stephanie (with Mindy's help) cooked dinner. Considering Steph's lack of cooking skills, her meal was fabulous---teriyaki glazed salmon with gingered spinach. Delish! ! I think we'll let her cook again next year. Could it be she figured out a clever way to NEVER have to cook? Yeah, that sounds right.

And here we have the Cricut electronic cutting system. We can't live without it and "yes", it's BIG.
Another MUST HAVE item---the 12" printer---BIG too.

The newest gadget---"The Gypsy"---handheld computer system that holds ALL of the Cricut cartridges. Very user friendly. Everyone used it.
Much to my dismay, Steph brought her regular printer to print her pictures. Ended up being a hassle.

Assorted lights---Mindy couldn't get over that we each had our own!

Must have drinks!
Just add meat!

Bridget's new iPad. Might need to get me one!
Another light---pretty pink.
We had several iPods. This is the only one I got a shot of.
Bridget and Marci have this tape gun. It's pretty big, but I'm just about ready to give it a try. I put it next to the water bottle so you could get an idea of the size. I comes with like 3 miles of adhesive.
And of course, the phones. Where would we be without them? Half were "i"'s. Gonna' get me one of
those too.

Hard at work.
Assorted computers---5 to be exact.
Look at the "birdie."


Layouts to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.