Sunday, February 20, 2011

Weekend Update

The weekend has unfolded just as I thought it would. I got up Saturday morning at 3:45 a.m. I stitched, watched tv, knitted, played on my computer---all of which I couldn't do if Butch was in the house. If he was home, I'd go upstairs and either scrapbook or work in my office. Both equally fun, but nice to be able to choose something else.

I didn't get to bed until 2 a.m. last night, and got up about 6---remember, my body is not used to this much prednisone. If I were to continue with this much, I would eventually get used to it and be able to sleep better. In the meantime, I'll just take advantage of the extra time to get stuff done!

I worked in my office for 5 hours---paying bills, wading through the piles on my desk, taking care of "mom" business, downloading photos, and a bunch of other organizational type things. A great feeling to get caught up with household details.

I'm goal oriented. I set goals, that's what I do. Then I set timelines to achieve my goals. I break tasks down to get there. I make endless lists. Here's my list for the weekend. I got it all done---what a great feeling! When I keep my lists, it allows me to accomplish things with just a few moments of time. Today, I had about 15 minutes before it was time to leave to meet the girls for lunch and the movie. In that time, I was able to clean the fireplace screens in the family room and living room---the two fireplaces we use the most. I even was able to clean the pendulum and weights inside the grandfather clock which I only do about once a year. My life is sort of on speed dial right now and I'm taking full advantage of it.

Did my fellow Gleeks catch this week's episode? I loved it! Especially since I knew we were going to be seeing Justin Bieber's 3D "Never Say Never" documentary. I thoroughly enjoyed Glee's "Justin Beber Experince"---and another of my favoritie performances from Rachel and Mercedes---"Take Me as I Am" from RENT---one of my top 5 favorite plays. Add to that, Sue's comment about Will---"sponge hair square jaw" (thanks Connie for helping me remember the exact line)---her comments just crack me up. Plus I like how they give her just enough "softness" to keep you loving her---knowing she's not really that heartless. Last week, Will took her to a children's hospital where she said to him, "Will, I'll never forgive you for this." Great show.

That brings us to the movie---RUN---don't walk---RUN to see this movie! It was so inspiring. What an incredible talent---from the age of 2 when he's drumming on a kitchen chair, you can see the talent---to the age of 10 wanting to play guitar and sing outside of theater in his hometown---the boy is driven and destined for greatness. You can just see that he has something very special. He is self-taught on so many different instruments and never had a singing lesson. He came in 2nd in the Canadian Idol competition at 12 yrs. old. It will make you cry and laugh. One thing is for sure, you can't sit still. Of course the music is great. Truly one of the best movies/documentaries I've ever seen. Oh, and the tickets "ain't" cheap---12 bucks---but totally worth it.

When I analyzed the financial "toll" this weekend took, I decided that it's much cheaper to pay for Mindy to go somewhere on Southwest than to keep her in town! Last weekend, she ran the half marathon in New Orleans---and I do mean ran. Here's her medal to prove it!


She heads out tomorrow to New Hampshire for work and will be there for the next 3 weeks---home on weekends.

Stay tuned, I have a lot of things to share over the next few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.