Tuesday, February 8, 2011

"Snowed In"

I had the most fun week last week getting "snowed in" in St. Louis. I arrived on Sunday about noon. The whole family was coming over for the day. Aunt Marie came and said that they decided to leave for Florida instead of waiting until Monday due to the weather predictions. Turns out, St. Louis weathermen are just about as reliable as Nashville's. I think it's the only job you can continually get wrong and still keep it!

Anyway, it was so much fun---Wii, movies, the Bachelor, food, and Scrabble. What more could we ask for? Here's a photo of "Semi" "Precious" "Gem" "Stone". I guess you had to be there to get it!!! Kind of goofy, be we had so many laughs over it. When we girls are together, we become kids again. Jeanne said it best---this was a once in a lifetime "thing"! Forgive the no make-up, although Jeanne says she thinks Janice "snuck" some on!

Oh and I finally became a Zimmermann this week. Started drinking on Sunday and by the end of the scrapbooking weekend, I was able to consume as much alcohol as any "good" Zimmermann. On Saturday, I had a vodka cherry diet pepsi, followed by a vodka cherry fresca, followed by 2 glasses of wine followed by a "pucker up" shot, followed by a vodka tonic, followed by another glass of wine---all starting at 10 a.m. Never even got a buzz. Around 5 p.m. I visited all around the room for about an hour. When I returned to our table, my friends quipped, "What, Barb, are you running for Mayor of Kinderhook?" I said, "NO, I'm just friendly." They probably thought it was the alcohol, but  I swear, I didn't even feel it. I AM JUST REALLY FRIENDLY!!! I think that's a good thing!

I'll send my layouts soon and give a report on the rest of the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.