Wednesday, February 9, 2011

"Snowed In" AGAIN---but it Could be a Long Night!!

Looks like for once, our weathermen got it right. The prediction was that the snow would start this afternoon and it did---no easing into it---thick and fast. I picked the girls up at 12:15 as all the schools let out early in anticipation. Normally, I scoff at that because it never seems to happen. Case in point. If school had gone on a full day, we still would have been home before it started. Better safe than sorry, I guess, but here in the south, there aren't too many snow days built into the schedule.

It's been very cold, so the roads started to be covered in about 5 minutes. About that time, I asked Butch if he was going to get the potatoes for dinner. I told him he didn't have to, (I had asked him earlier in the day), but having meatloaf without mashed potatoes is like having mac without cheese. I hadn't planned to make a meatloaf since I just made one last week at Jeanne's, but I had ground beef thawed out for chili. Butch had fajitas last night and then had a lunch meeting today at Cinco de Mayo. He wasn't in the mood for another Mexican dish. Plan B was the meatloaf. Gotta' have those taters.

Off he went right at 4 p.m. He made it back at 5:45 WITHOUT the potatoes. He said that he saw the traffic and was about ready to turn around but decided we needed the potatoes. To make matters worse, he forgot his cell phone. By 5:30, I was getting a little worried. I didn't really know what to do, so decided to just stay put. I could see the traffic on Old Hickory was at a standstill. I talked to Mindy---it took her an hour and 45 minutes to get home. Steph is still out there---it's 6:15 and she's been at it since 4:10.

To say he's in a foul mood is an understatement. He's chillin' now in front of the fireplace with a 7/7 and his newspaper. It could be a long night.

Oh and the meatloaf? Well, I've cooked it, it's cooling and we're having sandwiches. You just can't have meatloaf without mashed potatoes. Uh, oh, it just dawned on me---I think I have some instant that are supposed to be really good. I don't think I'll mention that.

1 comment:

  1. Boy, you've gotten alot of snow & cold weather this year. And Janice, too.
    So much for global warming!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.