Wednesday, February 23, 2011

It Takes So Little to Make Me Happy!



 It all started with this wine glass that my friend, Susan gave me for my birthday a couple years ago. At the time, it seemed sort of random as usually you get wine glasses in sets. But this past year, I decided to start drinking a glass of red wine every evening for heart health---okay, yeah, I really tell myself that---it's true! So it's become a pretty fun ritual. 



After dinner, remove make-up, put jammies on, pour wine, light fire, settle "in" to my chair for an evening of stitching, knitting, computer playing, television watching, magazine thumbing, list making and general relaxation. I must be able to multi-task or then I feel like I'm wasting valuable time! Plus I like having so many choices of things to multi-task about.


One day, I come home to see this sitting on the counter. Margarita had been here and it looks sort of "Mexican-ish", so I thought she had brought it. I asked Butch about it and he said, "no, that's my wine glass." Isn't that cute? He bought his own "fun" wine glass. We enjoy our glass of wine every night together while we discuss what went on for the day which takes exactly 3 and a half minutes and then it's back to "Wheel of Fortune."
                                      
 Then, this little beauty pops into my life! Jeanne gave "her" to me for my birthday. I totally love anything monogrammed---and PINK  to boot---especially "hot" pink. I used it every day we were snowed in at Jeanne's in St. Louis and then on the retreat---especially as I worked the room "running for Mayor of Kinderhook." The little rhinestones are just plain adorable. Now, every night, I have a choice. Again, I love that. 


 Well, you know me and the "multiples" problem I have....I saw this baby around Valentine's Day. My thought was, "wouldn't this be cute if a friend was over and needed a "fun" wine glass?" Done, bought, waiting for someone to use it. I guess now, they've turned into another collection. 

Come on over and have a glass of wine with me!! We can "whine" together. Although, really, I have very little "whine" about. Life is good! And my heart is just fine.



1 comment:

  1. I love the wine glasses, my girlfriends, we seem to think everyone needs these too. You know I think u have a tradition going on here between u and Butch and everyone else who partakes with you. My Grandmother, on my Dad's side, made her own wine and every time we went to her house everyone always had a glass of wine before they left. On special holidays (I was about 9)I was given a little taste, it tasted like vinegar. As I got to be about 40 and my friends loved their wine I tried again, and now my faviorite is Pinot Grigio. So here's a toast to you, have a good day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.