Sunday, January 30, 2011

A New Record

Jordan was so excited to be taking her driver's test on Friday. Steph had set the appointment for 7:30 a.m. That worked out perfectly since they did not have to be at school that day until 9 a.m. Morgan stayed at our house doing homework. Since Jordan is buying my "old" jeep and has spent the most time behind the wheel in it, she wanted to take her test in it.

All went well. Jordan passed and was very excited. She and Morgan left for school while I said a prayer. Around 3:45, I picked Mindy up from work to take her to the airport for her weekend trip to St. Louis (by the way, she had a fabulous time and texted me that she was in love---when I called her tonight to get the details, she was already in bed. She leaves town tomorrow on business for the week. She'll call me in the a.m. and I'll get the scoop).

Back to the story. Steph called about 4 p.m. to say that Jordan had just had her first fender bender. That didn't take long---a new family record---not exactly one to be proud of. Mindy had held it previously. She lasted about a month before she was (as Butch calls it) playing "grab ass" in the car with friends. It means she was messing around and not paying attention to her driving and ran into the back of some guy friend's pick up.

Of course, everyone was upset about Jordan. We couldn't believe it. We even made her wait an extra 6 weeks from her birthday to take her test. We're hoping that this is a blessing in disguise. Maybe she'll be so careful from now on. Still, we're all on edge---from an insurance standpoint---it's going to be expensive enough for Steph.

I had my own car issue today. I was very excited to be driving my brand new Buick Enclave, top of the line, fully loaded with 2 bottom of the line features that I insisted upon to Butch's consternation. Just past Mount Vernon, IL, I RAN OUT OF GAS!!!! Thank God for "OnStar"!!! How did I do that (you ask)? Well, I knew I was on empty, but I checked the information center which said I had 45 miles to go. I purposely was waiting to see what the "ding" sounded like and what the warning light would look like. I got neither. "OnStar" did a diagnostic test to make sure there was nothing wrong with the car. My gas was delivered to me in about 20 minutes. To top it off, it was totally FREE!!!! I made it to St. Louis by noon only to be greeted with the news that bad weather was rolling in. Not good since my friends plan to arrive on Tuesday to do some antiquing prior to our scrapbook retreat. Starting around midnight tonight, it's supposed to be freezing rain through Tuesday, then it turns to snow. Through Wednesday, we're expected to get 12-18 inches.

You can bet my new car will be parked in the driveway all week!! No way am I taking any chances with how our luck has been running!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.