Monday, January 10, 2011

A Little of This and That

Here is the photo that we were trying to duplicate. I think everyone did a pretty good job
.
Here is one of the photos that the photographer took the day after Christmas. I LOVE how he did everything in black and white except for us. I think that looks so cool. But he also took one that is the same distance as the first. I'll have to decide which one to have made.

I should have taken a photo of our snow today for comparison. We got about 3 or 4 inches---which is a lot for Nashville---everything comes to a halt. This photo and the one below are at my sister, Joyce's house in South Bend. I'm sure Sandy's place looks like this too. If she sends me a picture, I'll post it for comparison. I have to say, I love snow in the south!! So unexpected, yet fun! Mindy didn't get to work until 10 a.m. She was supposed to go to Bowling Green, KY for the day. They let everyone off at noon! Too bad Steph had to leave to go to Florida yesterday. She's missing the fun!

Scott clearing the snow---I forgot about that aspect of the snow. We didn't get enough to have to bother with---just drive over it.

This picture was taken at Joyce's house at Thanksgiving. From left: Janet, Sharon, Sandy, Joyce, and Jeanne. Mom and dad in the background!

Went through an old scrapbook and came across this postcard I sent home from camp. Seems like I've always been obsessed with food. You can tell that "getting as much as we want" was a new concept for me. With 7 kids, you didn't usually get seconds.

My "one little word" journal---just a little dollar notebook from Michaels.
The birthday gifts continue to roll in. I got a "sweets" gift basket from Jennifer and Parvez---actually it was a thank you gift for handling mom's affairs, but she decided to time it with my birthday. I also got my Starbucks gift card for a free drink, a free brownie coupon from Chili's and a $5.00 off coupon from O'Charley's. Yay me!! Notice how everything is food?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.