Wednesday, December 22, 2010

An All Around Great Day!

Yesterday was one fun-filled, socially packed day---or at least most of it.  


Butch and I started the day with an appointment at the Harpeth Hills Cemetery. I told Butch that we were definitely going to buy our funeral plots as they were running a special on them---2 for $3000---only until 12/31/10. Bruce and Karolyn have purchased theirs and wanted us to take the spots next to them so we could party on into eternity. I was definitely going to do this. 


When we got there and looked at the spot, I didn't like it. The entire cemetery is completely flat bordered by main roads and completely too modern for my taste. We spent about and hour and a half there before we could get away. I'm just going to have to "shop" for the perfect place to rest eternally. I want an older cemetery with some character. There were a couple of times that I got a little worked up and thought maybe I wasn't doing this at the right time yet---too soon and too close to my experience with mom. I'm grateful that this was one thing we didn't have to deal with---thus my motivation to get it done.


After that, the day was nothing but complete fun. I picked Connie up at 11:15. We met Pam and her mom, Clara and Karolyn for a great lunch. We went to the show and saw The Tourist. It was FABULOUS! I love Johnny Depp and he didn't disappoint. I'm not a huge Angelina Jolie fan, but liked her in this. It didn't get good reviews, but that just goes to show that I usually don't agree with them anyway.


From there, we went back to Connie's house to meet up with Butch and Jack to head downtown to the Garth Brooks concert. The country music icon did 9 benefit concerts for the flood victims here. The stars were aligned just right for us. We went downtown the "back way", parked 2 blocks away and even walked right in and got a table for dinner at Rippy's---a bar across the street from the Bridgestone Arena. We couldn't have asked for a better experience. The concert was unbelievable---he played everything. Then, his wife, Trisha Yearwood came out and sang with him. She then did a few of her songs. Garth did 2 encores and brought the house down. Just plain fun. We were so glad to get this once in a lifetime experience.


We dropped the Potters off about 8:45 (we went to the 6 p.m. concert). We weren't home 20 minutes when the Lapps family arrived. Now the non-stop, crazy, chaotic, frenetic, cram everything into the next couple days, fun begins. Can you spell W-O-R-N----O-U-T! I just might have to go to St. Louis next week to rest!


Merry Christmas to one and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.