Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Some Things Never Change

When we stopped by Steph's last week I went upstairs to see Jordan's fish. When I saw the girls rooms, it reminded me of my own teenagers---or I should say---Mindy when she was a teenager (or right now too). Sandy and Stephanie weren't this messy.


























This is Jordan's room. Aren't the stars cute? I made those a few years ago. I guess if you keep your drawers hanging open, you never have to look for stuff---it's either right there, or on the floor.










Morgan wants to be a photographer. I actually love what she's done to her wall. You can see by the "up close" photos, she's pretty darn good too. Her boyfriend, Carson is an artist who loves doing mazes. They are pretty darn intricate and awesome.

I guess Morgan's bra storage is the floor next to her dresser. I must admit, you can see everything you have easily like this.






This lone graffiti is on the ceiling above Morgan's bed. I have no idea what its significance is, but apparently, she wants to see it each night before she goes to bed and then again first thing when she wakes up.


I would love to see teen rooms from around the world. If they haven't changed generationally, then perhaps environment doesn't matter either. Sandy and Stephanie were pretty neat. They did put a lot of crap on their walls---especially Steph with her New Kids on the Block collection.
Mindy's crap didn't have any particular theme. Sandy was the neatest (and still is---way to go Sandy). She had a few posters, I think one of them was Vanilla Ice. When I think of Sandy as a teenager, the thing that sticks out the most is her "black" phase. She dressed in black from head to toe---including hats. She refused to wear dresses or skirts. We had several arguments over that---one in particular. We were invited to a Mother/Daughter Christmas Tea. I ended up changing into silk slacks so she wouldn't feel bad to be the only one wearing pants. Afterwards, she wasn't even embarrassed or upset---I was the one worked up. I told her I was taking her shopping and that she'd HAVE to buy a dress. She said she didn't like any dresses in the stores. I said to her, "well, what does that say about YOUR taste? The stores don't sell things people don't buy!"

It was after this that I instituted the rule that the girls could dress however they wanted with their friends as long as they had at least one or two "normal" outfits for going out with us. That sure came in handy when Steph went through her "army fatigue" stage. Mindy---well, what can I say---she's always been a fashion icon!!! Even if she's still a mess.

I've decided that it sure comes in handy to carry your camera all the time. You just never know when a photo op like this will pop up.



























































No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.