Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Halloween is Just Around the Corner


Sandy sent me this picture. Here's what she had to say about it:

Mitchell went to a skating/costume party tonight. Here is his costume. I thought he looked pretty funny. If you're not familiar with the character, it is Napoleon Dynamite. He acted the part quite well as you can tell from the picture, and even has a stick of chap stick in his pocket in case his "lips hurt real bad".

He ended up winning the costume contest for best costume tonight!! He won a t-shirt and a movie theater gift card. Yeah for him!!

It's me again. Speaking of Halloween, we had a scare yesterday. I had gotten up to use the bathroom about 5:15 a.m. I was laying in bed thinking about my day when the alarm sounded meaning a door had been opened. I woke up Butch, then told him to be careful. As he crept out of the bedroom, I felt like I'd sent him into danger. After a couple minutes, I hear him talking to someone. I got up then only to find that Mindy had "stopped by" at 5:45 a.m. I knew she'd been going to the Y around 5:30. She said that instead of the Y, she decided to come by the house and run in our neighborhood. We told her to call us if she did that again. She said she thought calling us would freak us out. Having someone walk into your house in the middle of the night (okay, early morning) freaks us out. I asked Butch who told her where we kept the key. He---in all seriousness said---"Barb, she used to live here!" He just doesn't get me.

I'm counting---she hasn't missed a single day of stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Barb, I loved the story about Mindy. Isn`t that just like our kids? I`m glad all is well! have a blessed day- Kim

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.