Friday, September 3, 2010

Time Surely Does Fly!!

I can't believe the Labor Day weekend is here---this week has just flown by. We always look forward to 3-day weekends. That may sound funny since we're basically retired---as they say, every day is Saturday. But that's really not true. There's just something more fun about the weekends. In fact, it's about the only time I get up before 5:30 a.m. anymore---I'm anxious to get a jump on the weekend.

We don't have a lot planned, but that's okay by me. I have so much unpacking and re-organizing from last week, that I have plenty to keep me busy. I started today and did get pictures taken of my layouts. I'll post them soon.

We're going to dinner and a movie tonight with friends---Hugh and Pam---she called---I was shocked!! You have no idea how rare it is for Pam to make plans. While Butch is playing golf tomorrow, I plan to take Stephanie and myself antiquing---remember, he interrupted me the last time when his car broke down. I'm looking forward to it---and the Mexican food I plan to have for lunch.

On Sunday, the girls, Carson, Cameron, Steph and Nicky, Merrill, Tucker and maybe Jimmy (Steph's friends) are coming over for an end of the season swim party and BBQ. The girls want us to play poker in the evening. I'm still finding it unbelievable that teenagers want to spend time with their grandparents---and, for that matter, our grown children and their friends. We will never say "no" to them---whenever they want to spend time with us, we're all over that!! This is the first time we've been able to work Steph's friends into our busy schedule! Unfortunately, that means that while Merrill and Tucker will be here having fun with us, Bill and Nancy will be babysitting. I guess that's what Bill gets for not playing cards!

Okay, now let me take you back 2 weeks to our trip to St. Louis. We ended up leaving on Thursday because Butch had a business meeting on Friday morning. We had lunch with Jeanne after his meeting. On Friday night, we went to a movie---"The Other Guys"---it was pretty good, but goofy in some spots---and then went out for Italian food for dinner. Butch and Walter went geo-caching on Saturday and set a record---25 "finds" in one day. Besides the caches they found, Butch "found" poison ivy again---and started breaking out right away. This time, he took my advice and started with the prednisone right away. By the time I got home the following Sunday, it was nearly gone, but you could tell that it would have been another severe case. (A side note---it's definitely poison ivy as while at my doctor's office, they had a chart on the wall of poison ivy, poison oak and poison sumac along with where it is located. Only poison ivy grows in the MO or TN area).

We had a fun weekend with Walter and Chris. I always look forward to the new recipes that Chris tries. She's a great cook. I had planned to report what she made, but now that so much time has gone by, my memory fails me. Walter grilled some marinated pork tenderloins. Chris made a new brussel sprouts recipe---she knows that is probably my most favorite vegetable now, so always tries to come up with something new.

I took Butch to the airport on Monday morning. Then it was on to mom's...report on that to follow!

PS By the time I was ready to post this, we had already gone out with our friends. We saw "Get Low". OMG, it was horrible---could be the worst movie I've seen in a long time. Anyway, I had to listen to Butch complain all the way home about how this is the exact reason he doesn't like to go to movies. When I finally had heard enough, I told him "FINE" (in that tone I seem to have) that from now on, I would turn down every invitation to go to the movies. That's it, I give up. Luckily, I get to go with my friends. In fact, we have a date in October already on the calendar.

1 comment:

  1. We're having friends over for a BBQ tomorrow too, but we'd rather be swimming and playing poker with you all! It's always so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.