Friday, August 13, 2010

A Year of Memories---August

The theme this month was "ancestry or heritage." I had been collecting the vintage cabinet cards for several months. They are so unique.

I decided on "Lineage" for my title. I used my grandparents' wedding pictures---Preli, Luigina and Vittorio---Zimmermann, Marguerite and Julius. I had to take the pictures off the wall, take them out of the frames, scan them and print them. I printed them on canvas---which turned out really neat.

Jeanne's layout is titled "It all Began in the Old Country." She focused on the Pagella side of the family and their immigration story---our great great grandmother died the night before they were to be released from Ellis Island. I need to do some research to see if I can find out where she is buried. Can you imagine coming to a new country and have your mother die? What an awful way to start.

Karolyn's title is "Roots." She did one side for each family. She had some old life insurance envelopes that she used to hide her journaling. She also did an awesome lacing technique on the corner.

Susan did two layouts---one for each side of the family---"Irish Heritage" and "Kentucky Roots."

Pam's title "Who do I Look Like?" included many family members.

Steph didn't get her layout finished this month. I told her that if she misses two months in a row, she's out! Everyone is really enjoying the club. In fact, it's just about the only scrapbooking we get done during the month. The only other scrapbooking we do is if we are able to go on a retreat. We need to make this more of a priority in our lives. After all, we all have rooms dedicated to our scrapbooks and all the stuff. We need to justify the space by scrapbooking more.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.