Sunday, August 1, 2010

Bob Barker

What a great name for a dog! If I ever get one, that's what I'm going to name him.

Now here's the story about a real dog named Bob Barker. My friend Susan Dawkins has a friend whose dog is named Bob Barker. I don't really remember the whole story, but somewhere along the line, Bob Barker's back legs were seriously injured---he would not be able to walk. Since Bob Barker was a member of the family, they could not bear to put him down. They brought him home and let him heal. Then they got the idea to strap him to a skateboard. Voila'! Bob Barker was able to get around using only his front paws. After a couple of years getting around via skateboard, Bob Barker was outside and had not yet been put on his skateboard. I guess someone should have told him that! When he saw the garbage truck, he took off running and chasing the truck. Seems like Bob Barker was just lazy!!

That's the best dog story I've ever heard. Usually all dog stories are bad---things get chewed, pooped or vomited on.

We had a great time at the Farm Crop. I got 16 pages done---photos to come. The guys came out to join us on Friday afternoon. We barbecued and spent the night.

While at the farm, I turned all of my friends into "Gleeks!" I'd been going on and on about "Glee." I think they may have just been humoring me. After the very first episode, they wanted more. What ended up happening is that we had a "Glee" marathon. We watched 10 1/2 hours all in a row with breaks only for lunch and dinner. We started about 10 a.m. and finished about 10 p.m. We're all hooked. If you didn't believe me when I blogged about it before, well, 6 people can't be wrong! If you haven't, you need to give it a try. Thursday evenings at 7 p.m. on Fox (in Nashville anyway).

This is going to be a busy week. I have a lot going on before the Lapps family arrives on Friday night. That week is already filled up too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.