Tuesday, July 20, 2010

New Discovery

I decided to put this email on my blog as some of you scrapbookers can benefit from it. This is an email conversation that I sent to my scrapbook friends:

Once again, I screwed something up---no big surprise!

I was working on a title page for my "home and garden" album today. I used a QK die and put it in my Xyron 500 only to realize I had it upside down---ugh! Of course, when I use my QK, I cut, then put everything away. You would think I would have learned that lesson by now as I almost ALWAYS have to get it back out because either I've misspelled a word, or inadvertently left out a letter, OR (which is what happened today) put something in my little x upside down.

Now I'm mad to have to get everything out again---wish I had a room big enough to keep my revolution out all the time (little joke). FTS!! Anyhoo, having screwed up one time too many, forced me to think (which took me as long as it would have to just get everything back out). But here it is---you know how I use glitter that I keep in an antique shaker to pick up all the bits of adhesive from the little x? Well, I got the bright idea to cover the entire thing with glitter. Voila! I ran it back through and now had a full glittery accent. It turned out so cool, I'm thinking I should remember to do that on purpose. Of course, that won't happen until I screw up again.

Just wanted to share so if you all mess something up---which I know you don't do because you spend a lot more time and I'm always in a rush and that's the biggest part of my problem but oh well---you have a cool solution.

Have a good one!
Barb

PS You might be wondering how I have time to scrapbook today since I was supposed to be doing Karolyn's room. Well, I finished it yesterday!!! Now I have a free day to finish getting ready for the farm crop---which will then give me a free weekend. Hmmm! What will I do with all that spare time---without a husband home to distract me? I'm sure I'll think of something.

Love from your obnoxious friend!!!

PSS The "t" in FTS can now stand for either this or that---whichever applies.


You make me sick. Yeah, I think I just figured out my title for my NYOBC page and it will be about you. How jealous I am of all that you accomplish and I don't. Just kidding. Well, all that bragging on Sunday backfired. Hugh cancelled his business trip. So now I'm out of town and he's not which is taking a hugh chuck out of my planning time. I thought I was planning all day yesterday but forgot I had a dentist appt. which I got really bad news (2 crowns and an infection). I called Dr. Jacobson to see if they had an opening for her to look at this place on my face that I picked at over our vacation and she cut it open and got this hard ball of dead skin out. Then I had to go grocery shopping, cook and watch the Bacholorette, then it was time for bed. I'll be luckily if I get to do my AYM page and my NYOBC page. I've got to get organized.

My Response:
Do you think that Hugh cancelled his trip when he found out you would be gone so he could have a weekend home alone? Only kidding.

OMG---the Bachelorette---we have a lot to talk about. I just know that when the next thing about Roberto comes out, she'll choose Chris. I wouldn't even think about dating a guy with his mother's name tattooed over his heart! Enough about the dead mother already.

You don't have to be jealous of me after all. Okay, so now that I did my bragging, here's what happened to my day. I finished the title page that I emailed you all about. Then, I got ready and headed out to Hermitage to go to an antique shop with my free day. I was going to take myself to my favorite Mexican place for lunch. I've been craving Mexican for about 3 or 4 weeks now and Butch never wants to go. No sooner do I get in the shop than he calls me that his car has broken down in Cool Springs near BB&B. I was so mad. He said, "Well, how long do you think it will take you to get here." I said. "At least 45 minutes." He said, "okay, I'll go get something to eat." I said, "No you are taking me for Mexican!"

I calmed down on the way---reminding myself that he didn't do this on purpose. I picked him up and being the good wife I am---said, "I'm sorry your car broke down." He apologized to me for wrecking my day. We wound up going to Sonic as he wasn't "dressed" to go "in" a restaurant since he was geo-caching---meaning he was wearing flip flops. Then we had to go to the grocery store which was one of his errands. I got home and Morgan says, grammy, will you take me to exchange my school blouses. I immediately said no, but she said it was just in Maryland Farms, so I agreed.

I just got home. So there went my fun day---I left the house at 11 and here it is 2:45. I guess I'll take a nap.

One good thing---I found Lauren's housewarming gift.

Oh and to make you jealous all over again---MY DINNER IS ALL READY IN THE CROCK POT---WITH HOMEMADE POTATO SALAD IN THE REFRIGERATOR. Did that at 5:45 this a.m.

I love you!!!
Barb




3 comments:

  1. I must've missed something because I didn't know Roberto had a tattoo! I found myself yelling at Ali throughout the show the other night because she's such a whiner. Oh, "I gave up everything to be here" bs is making me sick! And her laugh is getting on my last nerve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO, Roberto doesn't have the tattoo, Chris does---of his dead mother's name over his heart! Roberto is supposed to be leading some secret life. His "girlfriend" said he disappeared and they all thought he was dead---at least that's what the headline on People magazine says!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you ask me, she didn't have too much to choose from in the first place!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.