Sunday, July 25, 2010

Baking Disaster

Before I get into the baking, I need to tell you about my weekend. Butch left on Saturday to meet his brother in Indianapolis for the Brickyard. I was looking forward to my weekend ALONE.

I took myself to the flea market---got there around 7:15 a.m. It was HOT! I found just a couple of little things and was home by 9:30 a.m.

I spent the rest of the morning working on a class for the scrapbook retreat in Steelville, MO in August.

Connie called and offered to bring lunch and then we'd get in the pool. She got here around noon and stayed until about 2:15. Very nice just floating---still very hot---the water is more like bath water now. After she left, I took my shower and put on my PAJAMAS! Of course the only reason I could do that was because I was home ALONE!! I no sooner started reading (great book---The Winter Rose, sequel to The Tea Rose---our book club selection this month---totally worth reading) as I said, no sooner did I start reading than I heard the door open. It was Morgan with her boyfriend and another friend to swim. As much as I might have been a little "bummed" to have my ALONE time interrupted, I'm glad they bring their friends over so much. I even figured I'd order them pizza for dinner. First, I had to decide if I should change out of my pajamas. Instead, I just went upstairs to my scrapbook room while they were in the pool. About 2 hours later---5-ish, they left. I had a nice quiet evening. Rented Invictus on Demand---excellent movie.

Today, I did a few things around the house---including, cleaning out part of my closet, watering everything outside, 2 loads of laundry, putting water in the pool and then did another layout for my second class. I came down and had lunch, read and took a nap, spent a little time in the pool, showered and put on fresh pajamas (Butch isn't expected home until 9 or 10).

I've also spent part of the weekend getting ready for the Farm Crop---I leave on Tuesday. I decided to bake 2 types of cookies. I love cooking/baking when I can have my music on and the house to myself. I doubled each recipe so that there would be some home-baked goodies for when the girls are here with their friends and enough to send a plate home with Margarita. As I was scooping out the Oatmeal Crisps, my Pyrex bowl "scooted" to the edge of the counter without me realizing it. The next thing I knew, the bowl fell off, hit the floor, bounced and landed upside down on my custom (interpret---expensive) rug. I don't know what I was thinking with that rug. It is in the kitchen after all! Still, if you know my kitchen, you know that was quite a distance to bounce. The bowl didn't break when it hit the hardwood, just bounced. Unfortunately, the oatmeal crisps were just about a total loss. I did have one cookie sheet ready for the oven before this happened. The picture above is what was left after I scooped up what I felt was safe. What you see is what I cleaned up and threw away. I decided that what I scooped up would be for Morgan and her friends. What's a little hair here and there? I figure with the way her mother cooks, she is used to it!! Might even be a step up!!

Here are the results. At least I have some to take on my trip. Really looking forward to that---I can wear my pajamas 24/7 if I want!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.