Monday, June 21, 2010

Jeanne, Ronnie and Janet Visit

Gosh, it's over a week now that Jeanne, Ronnie and Janet visited. Where does the time go?
They arrived on Thursday afternoon. That night, we had the first of 3 poker games. I won $6.50 playing "dealer's choice." Friday night, Stephanie and Nicky joined us for Texas Hold'em. Jeanne whined and complained that she didn't like "hold 'em." The truth of it is that she doesn't know how to play and is lousy at bluffing---which is the biggest part of that game. It helped me that Nicky wasn't so good at it either! I was the "big" winner of $40.00. Ronnie told me that I needed to put the 2 twenties in my poker can to always keep my poker money separate.














On Saturday night, I was having fun acting surprised and gloating about the 40 bucks every time I opened my can. Well, the joke was on me in the long run. I ended up losing $39.50 of it that night. I knew I wouldn't have a 3 day winning streak, but it was fun while it lasted.

We had such a good time---but it always go by way too fast.

3 comments:

  1. Maybe I did whine & complain because I don't like Hold 'em but as a result of dealer's choice I now have one of those 20's in my poker purse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! 2nd place is not that bad for me lately...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.